Monday, June 26, 2006

I just thought of something...I am too damn loyal. Not that that's a bad thing, it just really messes with me sometimes. Stupid things make me feel guilty - like having two blogs. It's not like I have two boyfriends or something - how ridiculous is this?! But I realize I also NEED more than one blog, probably eight would suffice. So, as far as I'm concerned now, my bloglife is suffering from multiple personalities and this is but one of them.....the flaky, foul-mouthed, silly, rebellious, immature, flippant, spontaneous one. My other blog is my more serious, sensible side. The others?....who knows. And now I won't feel any more guilt if I spend more time on one than the other. They all need my attention and are a part of me. Makes sense, no?

And because I can do what I want and not even care, this is my world famous Fajita recipe that will have far too many people wanting to come over and eat them:

DEB'S (fanfuckingtastic) FAJITAS:

INGREDIENTS (amounts are approximate so throw in how much you like):
2-3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (cut up)
3-5 limes
1 head of garlic, peeled and minced
1-2 tbsp. oil
shitload of cumin (at least a tbsp. or more, I use about 4 - love the stuff)
1 tbsp. paprika
1 tsp. chili powder
mixed bell peppers, cut up (green, yellow, red, orange)
1 onion, sliced
more oil (to fry in, like we did on the beach in the '70's. No, don't use baby oil)

tortillas
condiments: sour cream, salsa, guacamole, grated cheese,
tomatoes, green onion, lettuce

IT'S SO EASY MY GOLDFISH COULD MAKE THEM: Squeeze juice out of limes into small bowl. Add minced garlic, oil, cumin, paprika, chili powder. Marinade chicken in mixture in fridge (until the soccer game's over). If the juice is all soaked in to the chicken, add more lime, oil or a bit of water....we want 'em juicy. Throw some beer in for all I care, it's been done before (here).

Prepare all other ingredients - chop, grate and slice. Set aside on a huge platter. Smack hands as people try and munch on the condiments, thinking it's finger salad....it's not - BACK OFF!!

Heat oil in frying pan. Lift chicken out of marinade with a slotted spoon, reserving marinade. I tend to keep draining it off and reserving it as the chicken cooks - we need to use it later. In a seperate frying pan, stir fry peppers and onion (use very little oil, preferably olive). After a minute or two, add peppers/onions in with chicken and finish frying. When it's nearly done, pour in "reserved" marinade, but make sure you heat it up to bubbling and cook it through. At any time, if things look dry add more lime juice, water or oil (you decide - I use lime juice/water).

Heat tortillas in oven, wrapped tightly in tin foil, until warm. Or nuke 'em individually for about 30 seconds each.

When it's cooked, put chicken mix in a large bowl and serve with platter of condiments.

Take a warm tortilla. Put chicken at one end. Put cheese on top. Add any other condiments you like, roll up and eat. Come on, that part you should know.

Great, now I'm hungry.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home