Friday, August 18, 2006

From Farms to Fortresses

As I stated I'd be doing in my last post, these are pics of the one mile span between my home and the river. If you were to head in the opposite direction of this you'd find that this road goes straight through the heart of the city and is considered the "main drag". The northern end (which I hate and avoid like the plague) is concrete, hotels and shopping malls. This is the most southern part, where I live. Up until recently it was mostly farmland, but it's slowly becoming more and more developed - mostly huge mega houses that completely dwarf the little ranchers that once ruled the street. The monstrosity I just posted about sticks out like a sore thumb. This is some of what surrounds it.....



4 Comments:

Blogger Alana Elliott said...

LOL! A gated mansion...and a cow. How oddly diverse.

8:30 PM  
Blogger Deb said...

And the funny thing is, those places are side by side. Some days there are Mercedes pulling in behind tractors...it's very strange!

9:26 AM  
Blogger Alana Elliott said...

That does sound super strange! I can't say I've ever seen a neighborhood like that, it sounds rather neat! :)

5:40 PM  
Blogger mellowlee said...

hehe, what is it with Cows appearing in posts lately anyways :) My "cows with guns" Kees "cows have accents" and now the cow in the picture here :) It's a bovine invasion! *giggles*

9:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home