Sunday, July 23, 2006

Not Much To Say (*gasps*, it can't be)

This is my fuzzbox for the day. As I said earlier, I fell in love with his pics. I haven't even put my pics on the computer yet, I'm pathetic. I'm waiting for my son to get back from vacation to help me out. I'm generally a fairly intelligent person...I'm just so intimidated by anything computer related. Once I know what I'm doing I'm o.k. But, having crashed a few machines, my new philosophy is don't fucking touch it until you know what you're doing or have someone who does nearby. So I've taken 8 zillion pics that I'm dying to post, but don't know how. Maybe I'll draw them for you, to hold you over??! Nope, not doin' that either.

Fuzzbox, Alana and my kids have all inspired me to get into photography - you all have cool pics and that's prompted me to get into the action. Mine seem to suck already (color isn't very vibrant??), but I'll learn - trial and error for now. The manual is confusing, is it secretly in spanish and they're just not telling me? 'Cause I really don't get it. So I just push buttons and hope a picture is the end result. So far, so good.

This pic is gorgeous. My dad is a fisherman and this is his favorite fishing spot (Tofino), which is probably why it jumped out at me. One day I plan on going there, just to see for myself. I spent time at the fisherman's memorial at Garry Point in Steveston today (took pics). There is a circular wall around a net mending needle and the walls are inscribed with all the boats that have gone down and the fisherman who have been lost/killed at sea. I know a lot of them. The boat my dad fished on for years is there and his friend's name is on it, as he died. My dad was there when it happened - it wasn't a "sinking" but their huge net, full of fish, snapped and took out two of them. It just missed Dad and Bob died and another guy broke his hip. But Dad's also been on a boat that sank - his leg was crushed in 16 places and he swam to shore like that (luckily they were close). Still, quite a feat - he's my fucking superhero. Funny, for many years I never really heard much about his fishing - he just went away for a month at a time "to work". I didn't really think much of it, until now. The stories are just starting to surface - another involves a "rogue wave" (I'd never heard of them) that went right threw the cabin of the boat. I find the stories fascinating and never really knew how much Dad had been through. Just makes him that much more awesome to me.

For someone with nothing to say, I guess I said alot, huh?!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

threw?

I was obviously heavily medicated back when I wrote this horrible stuff.

Obviously.

Deb

10:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home