Sunday, January 28, 2007

How Many Is Too Many?


My son recently added these to his "collection" of gaming systems. That brings the total to twelve (not including the dinosaurs that were mine like the Atari and the old school Sega that we still have). The only one he's missing is the PS3, which he plans on buying one day. Now, I ask you this...when is enough ENOUGH? Just how many systems can one man use?

He spends a good deal of his time out at his girlfriend's and when I just spoke to him he was playing 360, which I was unaware he'd taken out there. I said "good, can you take four more systems next time?", to which he said "no". I asked when he was going to grow out of his gaming stage and he reported that he's in his gaming "prime" and that you're never too old. Is this true?

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I keep reading little press things & hearing little radio clips ... the average adult doesn't become of "fixed age" (when you stop feeling you're getting older inside, you know what I mean) at something like 24-28. Instead of about 21 like it used to be!!

Also I'm sure he's FAR from unusual. He probably has so many consoles because he's looked after them. Most people probably have to throw away the old ones. Surely??

12:51 PM  
Blogger junky said...

Never ever too old, although I have cut back to only 3 systems now.

7:48 PM  
Blogger Deb said...

He has looked after them. Has every single game from when he was 4!! Nothing busted...all in great working order. It's just we're running out of room for them...and TV's.

Three systems sounds manageable junky. I could live with that. The thing is he's constantly plunking the unused ones in my way and ordering me not to move them. Crowding my space!

8:44 PM  
Blogger Toccata said...

Maybe he'll turn it into a career someday. I have a student that will be studying gaming in Vancouver starting next month. After graduation his projected income is crazy.

10:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home