Sunday, September 17, 2006

BC Lions

Our Lions (Mel & I) kicked some serious Alouette butt last night at BC Place and, while most of you who visit here care about this as much as you care about paint drying somewhere, it's quite exciting to us as our team steamrolls its' way to the playoffs.

My main man (Geroy) was spectacular, as usual. He's not only a great player, but a class act who celebrates very modestly, opting for a subtle "pose" vs some of the showboating we see these days (which, ftr, I find very entertaining, just a bit too much sometimes).

My main concern was the thuggery that Mtl was laying down on our Lions. The near brawl at the end of the game was classless and unnecessary. And the way they went after (and successfully reinjured) Dave Dickenson was total crap - I know it's often the game plan of an opposing team to target a wounded duck....they just went too far.

I'm loving this team (ok, I've loved every Lions team since the 60's)....they're so entertaining. A page that Mtl could've/should've probably taken out of the BC book is that they're "having fun" with the game - you can see it. When Mtl began unravelling and using dirty play it did nothing to help their game and, rather than feed into this and go back at the Al's, BC remained composed and continued to laugh and use their great chemistry together to get the job done. Good job Lions, good job.

(for those of you uninterested in football (Lions, in particular), please understand that I just can't shut up about my team. When you see a Lions picture best to just scroll on past, roll your eyeballs and go "geesh Deb, shut up already".)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home