Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Whoopty Do?

All I've been hearing since last night on our local news is the "buzz" about Tiffany's opening downtown. Like this is earth shattering, "breaking" news that we need to know. We don't. They've got a "live" reporter down there and they've been going on about it for two days. Tell us once and be done with it already.

Newsflash #1 - Most of us will never be able to afford a box from there, let alone any jewellery. #2 - There are way more important issues downtown than a frickin' store opening.

I wonder if they had to scoot around the sleeping bags on the street and stumble on the ice and snow that wasn't properly cleared away to get this "exclusive" story?

Is this what we've become? I am not excited by this. Maybe it's because jewellery isn't something I could ever dream of (besides the stuff I win at Sears). Maybe I'm just jealous that I'll never have reason to pass through the front doors. Nope, I'm not.

Come on Global, I have a hangnail..."break away" from Tiffany's for eight minutes and come do a story on it. I'm tired of this one.

9 Comments:

Blogger Deb said...

Oh My God...they've just updated the story and there's a necklace on sale for $169,000 that we should all be rushing down to get for someone for Christmas. They have women outside on the sidewalk in front of the store (in the snow), wearing Tiffany blue strapless evening gowns and FREEZING TO DEATH. And they're having a "breakfast" with "dignitaries", like it's a world summit or something. Geesh. O.K., letting it go now.

8:39 AM  
Blogger Deb said...

That was the weirdest word ver. ever....honestly, no lie, it had my dog's name (she's been gone awhile now), followed by xo.

8:40 AM  
Blogger Barbara Bruederlin said...

I'v never had a real word on verification, let alone my pet's name. It must be a sign ... of something.

WTF is with this Tiffany story? I am with you on the insanity of that sort of mindset, and not just because I don't like jewelry. Last time I checked there was actual news happening in the world.

9:34 AM  
Blogger Allison said...

Its finally opened? Well, I had to walk past the damn thing everyday, it was quite annoying. I can understand why its making news, considering that particular shopping area, its across from Hermes, Coach, etc and its only the second one in Canada. And come on, I'm sorry but this story just breathes downtown Van to me. Everyone is in their own little bubble.

Do I agree with it? Hell no. I never knew what the heck Tiffany's was until I came to Queen's. Here everyone has a nice dog chain bracelet or necklace, paid for with Daddy's money. Gag me with a fork.

11:23 AM  
Blogger Deb said...

Exactly Barb - with so much "real news", do we really have time for this? A quick story, yes. Two days worth, no.

Allison - it opens tomorrow, yet the news hype started yesterday. Gag me with a fork is so applicable. Make mine a pitchfork, k? And every dog needs "accessories", right (barf)? Mine had a leather leash with fake tin studs (so, apparently we're ghetto).

11:57 AM  
Blogger mellowlee said...

My God I didnt see that on TV. It almost sounds like they paid Global news to have a spot eh? How unethical would that be. Ug

5:23 PM  
Blogger mellowlee said...

OM F-ING god, they have it on CBC news right now
SICK

6:15 PM  
Blogger Deb said...

I mean how newsworthy is a store opening, hey Mel? I can see them mentioning it on the day of...but this will be three frickin' days of it. Enough already. Newsflash...IT'S NOT NEWS.

12:25 AM  
Blogger mellowlee said...

I feel the same way! It's not the damn moonlanding people!

9:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home