Tuesday, February 06, 2007

This is my salon swag. Fiona's mom loves lighthouses so when I saw the bag I had to buy it for her. She'll freak - she's got everything but a bag. Score.

I just got home from the laundromat...why is it that I find "The Wheels On The Bus" going through my head as I sit there? They had it 900 degrees in there and I snuck over and turned the heat down...sweatshop bitches. And I'm such an idiot in all my tiredness that I put the money in with the clothes. I'd placed the quarters on top of the machine and then couldn't figure out where they were so I went and got more. Then, as the clothes were spinning, all the quarters were flying around, banging against the machine. I was so disruptive and people trying to peacefully watch TV were giving me the stare of death. They don't scare me. I also found six bucks in loonies/twoonies in there. I'll have to remind my kids to put hundreds in their pockets.

They're moving Mom (again)...back to hell I mean the hospice. Remember that quaint little place with rabid starving dogs that Alfred Hitchcock built? They better not call me every night like the last time she was in there...I kid you not, for five nights in a row, after I'd returned home from visiting for hours, I'd get a call from the nurse. Usually late at night when I had to work the next day. "Hi, your Mom won't behave". "I know, that's what brain cancer does." But Dad and I wouldn't just leave her there, in an agitated state...so back we'd go. Once they called him at 2:30 (am) to come in and she was asleep by the time he got there. Just sayin'...they should probably let us rest when we leave. I'm just not happy...she's doing so well in the hospital and why mess with a good thing? She gets excellent care there and the nurses all love her and they're fantastic...it's become her "home". Damn it. So Thursday (my other day off) I'll spend the morning trying to explain why she's going for another ride in an ambulance. I'll probably tell her we're in a limo heading to River Rock.

Complain, bitch, whine...oh aren't I on a roll? But my hair's shiny.

11 Comments:

Blogger Allison said...

Nothing beats a good haircut and some nice swag.

I'm sorry to hear they're moving your mom again, and just when things were starting to settle down. I'm frustrated for you, so I can only imagine how you're feeling. I hope this time won't be as bad as the last.

6:29 AM  
Blogger Deb said...

It's out of our hands Allison and we just have to roll with it. The nurses at the hospital don't want her to go - it's the palliative "team" that they have in place - social workers, etc. And it's all about $$ in the end. We pay for her in the hospice but not in the hospital. Frustrating but we'll give it a chance I guess (no choice in the matter). Fingers crossed.

8:05 AM  
Blogger Toccata said...

What the hell kind of hospice is this? I cannot get over the fact that they would call in the middle of the night. Isn't that their job?

Liked the story about the money in the washing machine. I remember once washing my comforter in an apartment complex and suddenly the damn thing overflowed and there was soap and water everywhere. When people came in I pretended it wasn't my doing!

10:57 AM  
Blogger Gledwood said...

Did you know the 'average' Japanese woman would rather go without food for the day than without washing her hair ...?

Why am I not surprised?

Don't miss my fabulous 'guess which star sign this horrorscope is for' competition! out now! at mine!

11:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

really sucks about the move again....truely bizarre how they justify it.

what the hell is swag?

and yes...great hair by the way

12:43 PM  
Blogger mellowlee said...

I bet your friend will love that bag. I love the look on people's faces when I give them something they love :O)

I hope the move goes ok with your mom. Im really sorry they are moving her again. I think that's just heartless! *giggle at Toccata's comforter in the wash story*

I cant wait to talk to you thursday Deb. I will try to make it later in the afternoon ok xoxo

12:59 PM  
Blogger RUTH said...

You whine all you want...sometimes we have to and get it out of our system in order to stay focused.
On a lighter note...you realise I'm going to have "The wheels on the bus" buzzing through my head all night!

2:35 PM  
Blogger Deb said...

tc..part of the hospice problem did originate with me...one of the nurses was a teacher's aide from my son's kindergarten class. But the familiarity soon became a problem. I didn't mind them calling me - Mom's my Mom, right? But honestly, 5 days in a row was too much. Mainly because I couldn't do any more than they could. If I could've helped, it would've been different.

Gled...now that's a little extreme. I'll be over to check your place soon. I have a Dr.'s appt. in 30 min. and am just "checking in" here. Back soon.

swag's usually "free stuff" (I think). The wax job was the only true "swag", the rest was bought & paid for.

Mel...no worries. Another bump in the road. You can relate, I'm sure (you live with one, don't you?). I liked tc's story too....I've flooded Dad's basement twice this year. He laughs now and says that he doesn't wash the floor down there anymore...he just waits for me to come over and do laundry.

3:37 PM  
Blogger Deb said...

ruth...sorry about sticking children's songs with you. How about Hey Jude instead?

3:39 PM  
Blogger Barbara Bruederlin said...

I'm sorry that your mom is getting moved yet again. Sadly, it does come down to dollars, as you said - the system picks up the hospital costs but not the hospice, but my god where's the compassion in the system?
Good thing you at least have killer hair.

7:24 PM  
Blogger Deb said...

thanks Barb. The system here is totally broken but we need an oval with a meditative garden that will be used for two weeks. Priorities. Throw in a RAV line that eats up the new B-Line that we just spent a million on because we had to have the top of the line heated bus shelters vs regular ones and, hey, there's barely enough to go around? (and they actually did that...tore up the streets and put a rapid bus line through the centre of town and only the best of the best would do. Now, a couple of years later, they're ripping it up and junking it to build the RAV line) Morons.

7:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home