Friday, March 16, 2007

Off to drive Linds to "Nightshift"...a place where she and her friends get crazy. I really trust her...she's a great kid, but some of them have started dabbling in "E" and drinking and it's always anxiety causing to think of the situations she could be in. I only have to think back to when I was 15 to really shudder...I'm lucky I made it through alive.(That's Linds by the mike with her hand on her friend Kelly's shoulder. See - the one having a really great time, mouth open as she belts out the song? Notice the other girls, calmy standing beside her in the matching tees. And then there's Linds & her crowd, the ones who mosh and get up on the stage and "stagedive". Hard to imagine this kid as being "depressed". Music is her meds, quite sure of that).

Going to the hospice now, gonna' pull a surprise (late night) visit. I made a CD for Mom with some of her favorite songs - Patsy Cline, Englebert, etc. We'll whoop it up (kinda). Then I'm getting a bottle of wine and tackling more chores. Or crying, whatever works at the time. Later.

3 Comments:

Blogger Allison said...

It looks like Linds is having a blast! Ah, to be 15 again. Wait, no way ;)

I hope your Mom enjoyes the cd and that you manage a good weekend Deb :)

9:39 PM  
Blogger Deb said...

Thanks my friend...the visit was a good one. Amazing how Mom remembers (and sings) every word to her favorite songs. I scrapped the bottle of wine 'cause I felt really "up" when I left there.

You have a great weekend too.

12:20 AM  
Blogger Barbara Bruederlin said...

What a wonderful idea, to bring your mom that cd. I'm sure that brought her real joy. You're a good kid.

8:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home