Saturday, April 07, 2007

A Blast From The Past With Foncie

You may remember awhile ago when I (proudly) posted this picture of Mom. I always knew the story behind it as she had told it - a fellow used to take people's pictures on Granville Street in Vancouver and she'd been in more than one (along with my aunts). Well I just rounded up another of these pictures and am thrilled to learn more about the photographer who took them.Downtown Vancouver, 1950'sFoncie Pulice was responsible for the photographs and he's actually part of Vancouver history through his work. Over at Flickr I've submitted my photos to a group dedicated exclusively to his shots...there are only a few at the moment but we're hoping to round up more. It's so interesting (in my mind) to go back in time with these pictures. Here's the other shot of Mom:A picture really does tell a thousand stories as far as I'm concerned. And I'm proud that my Mom is part of Foncie's very interesting story.

5 Comments:

Blogger mellowlee said...

That is so neet Deb! I will have to keep an eye on that flikr page to see how many more people will post their Foncie photos.

12:30 PM  
Blogger Deb said...

Hey Mel...I thought it was pretty neat too. I love nostalgia.

2:26 PM  
Blogger Gledwood said...

Don't you think those times past seem so incredibly innocent now..?? Even looking back to the 1970s when I grew up, that feels like a totally different age! The world is changing too fast for me. I feel old!

5:58 PM  
Blogger Deb said...

I feel exactly the same way Gled....I'd love to go back in time. I don't like the rat race and how impersonal, cheap and sleazy everything's become.

6:09 PM  
Blogger 668 aka neighbour of the beast said...

ok, i'm going to come back and read this post when i'm not utterly exhausted but thanks for posting this. i have pictures of my dad and all of his buddies in these exact photos back in his university days.

11:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home