Saturday, April 07, 2007

I LOVE HOCKEY SATURDAYS!!!

Well, off to the hospice then the laundromat. And then it's nothing but hockey all day...first the Canucks game, then TO and the Habs face off. Then, to round it all out in the NHL, we'll watch the Flames/Oilers while flicking back and forth to the WHL, where my Giants play their second at home tonight vs. Seattle. They lost the series opener last night in OT. This is absolute hockey bliss.

(Oh, and somewhere in there Priss Chelinose and the Detroit "Toedirt" Pink Wings take on Chicago and will most likely lose that one so don't even bother)

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger tkkerouac said...

Happy Easter Debs, How long has your mom been in the Hospice?

9:27 AM  
Blogger Deb said...

hey tc, I'm back now. She's been there since Christmas Day. And she's fading fast...today was a killer and, in between her mumblings that don't make sense she threw in a couple, "we're gonna' be alright Deb"s that always crush me. Mostly she strings together incoherent sounds but often the word "die" is thrown in there.

And, on a lighter note, today, near the end of my visit (after they'd sedated her) she said "goodbye Dad-i-o", which made me laugh.

All & all it sucks bigtime and is the hardest time I've ever gone through.

So now I'll go and watch hockey and try and get my mind off Mom. Sorry about my long response...needed to get that out I guess.

12:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home