Tuesday, April 03, 2007

I love this time of year. The sun's coming out more often, people are buzzing around outside in the evenings and trees and flowers are starting to show signs of life again. But the best thing about this time of year??.....playoff hockey is in the air!! For the most part, I usually follow my Canucks and don't pay much attention to the other teams throughout the season. But, at this time of year, I watch every game as things go down to the wire in the NHL. Tonight, for instance, I was following the Wild/Oilers game (despite my purple curse on Minnesota, they got the "w"). I was also very interested in the Flames/Av's game and was glad to see the Av's take this one (never thought I'd hear myself say that. I'll wash my own mouth out later). And, for some reason, I know that Detroit won 3-0 but we don't care about that. They don't have the third best city in the world so we'll let them stay on top (for a bit). The Canucks have just gone ahead of L.A. (3-2) and every goal in every game is important as the jostling for playoff spots really picks up. (*UPDATE: We win! And one more win for Luongo and he ties Parent and Brodeur for most wins in a season at 47!)

For those of you who are not hockey fans but have friends/family who are...I feel for you. Over the next couple of months you'll spend many a night alone and neglected as your loved ones cram in front of TV's, dance wildly on coffee tables and chant "bullshit" at every unmade call. This is mandatory...the world ends if we don't do this. Please be understanding. You only have to endure this until June and then it will all be over (until next year). And football season starts.

(To keep those non hockey fans entertained, here are some "spring" shots that I took the other day)





How did these sneak in here? Probably because they are my favorite cookie/snack right now and they rate up there pretty high in the "all things awesome like hockey and springtime" category.

(UPDATING AGAIN: FTR, I posted this before I noticed the gibberish from the riff raff in the comments section below. So I win)

Labels:

10 Comments:

Blogger Toccata said...

I like your label. I never noticed labels before until Barbara started handing out her weekly award. Clearly I had been missing out.

Nice flowers by the way. I am really hoping for some nice weather this Easter weekend!

9:57 PM  
Blogger Deb said...

I don't always do labels or titles...too lazy. But I'm such a tomboy that I needed to clarify that. For someone very girlie who loves lace and pink, I throw a mean spiral.

I love the buds and blooms right now. I hear we'll have close to 18 degrees on Friday, then the rain moves back in.

10:03 PM  
Blogger Allison said...

I'm just saying it hear too, re the song playing game...no rigging on my part.

Enjoy the label as well.

10:52 PM  
Blogger Deb said...

I shouldn't have doubted you. Now junky, he's another story. I've said it before - he's shady.

(weird though how the songs seem to be perfectly matched to the questions...some of mine gave me chills - like my computer's trying to tell me something. I'm a skeptical person in general so don't take it personally. I still think you're the greatest)

11:40 PM

11:41 PM  
Blogger Deb said...

(ha, look at that, I don't even believe the time stamp here apparently)

11:42 PM  
Blogger Allison said...

Ahahaha...I love how you time stamped it yourself. You kill me Deb.

4:30 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

you would rather have that than the 2-bite brownies?.....shame

7:44 AM  
Blogger Deb said...

Al...if you want something done right, you do it yourself (right?)! I'm such a dork.

kelly...I do prefer these over the brownies. It's a defective gene in me or something.

8:31 AM  
Blogger junky said...

It's on now lady tomorrow I bust out my picture of me hugging the cup....

Detroit doesn't even claim to be a city anymore, it just happens to be where the Wings play :)
I can't respond to being shady cuz well I am...

9:36 PM  
Blogger Deb said...

O.K. junky, we're comparing cup pics now. I actually kissed it in my pic!

Did you know if you rearrange "Detroit" you get "toe dirt"?

12:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home