Monday, April 02, 2007

Always The Last To Know

I do not watch TV or listen to the radio anymore, except for the news/sports (mostly because my FM isn't working in the car). When I'm home, I always listen to my own music. So I'm completely out of touch with anything new. I'm thinking I'll start tuning in again as I need some new stuff, mine is getting a little stale. I just got so tired of all the bullshit on The Fox...a couple of the dj's there used to really get on my nerves.

So tonight I watched the Junos and they actually were half decent. The last performance was electrifying as far as I'm concerned and I immediately had to go find out more about the band because I fell in love with them...talk about en-er-GEE. Of course, as usual both Ty and Linds could bring me up to speed because they'd both heard their stuff before and it was old news to them. I'm always the last to know. Anyhow, this is my new favorite band of the moment...

(And when their Juno performance is posted on YouTube you can expect it here.)

Oh, and prepare your ears for the piercing screams of the girl in the crowd at this performance.

6 Comments:

Blogger Allison said...

Who is that??

I forgot the Junos were on last night...as I don't really watch tv, glad to hear they were good.

6:13 AM  
Blogger Whitenoise said...

DJ Champion, "No Heaven" from Chill 'Em All.

7:38 AM  
Blogger Whitenoise said...

p.s. they were playing this months ago in YYZ, you left-coasters gotta get with the program.... ;-)

7:39 AM  
Blogger Barbara Bruederlin said...

Hmm, I've never heard the dude before either. Sounds pretty decent.

Didn't the Nelly show get a little predictable after a while?

9:02 AM  
Blogger Deb said...

Al...the parts I saw were good, although I didn't catch all of it. Whitenoise has got the 411. The Hip were awesome (as usual).

whitenoise...my kids heard of them awhile ago too. The singer's got a great voice and on one of the videos on YouTube, a guitarist is wearing a Canuck's jersey...sold right there. We're a little slow/laid back out here.

Barb...it was the energy on the Junos that really pulled me in. They were all jumping around while they were performing.

I only caught little snippets here and there so I didn't notice but, truthfully, her voice gets on my nerves (especially when she's singing).

10:04 AM  
Blogger junky said...

I used to hate playing outside especially in the cold, it was a terrible thing.
my buddy Pat got a juno can't remember what for anymore though.

8:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home