Friday, April 06, 2007

It Was A Good Friday (For The Most Part)

All this stuff going on in my life lately has meant that I've had little quality time to spend with my family and so today I was thrilled when Ty agreed to go for a walk with me. We went to the usual stomp, the place where I take all my pics. We went late in the day and it was unusually warm...I was just in a tee and capris. We checked on my other dream home (not the one in the latest pics) and yep, she's waiting for me to win the lottery. That's the only thing standing between us.

When we returned home after our walk, we pulled into our parking lot to see the squirrel that's been terrorizing Linds and I on our lawn. Ty laughed as I blared the horn at him - it barely even fazed him. I think the cocky little rat might've even shrugged his shoulders like, "what?". So as I rounded into our spot I blasted the horn again (I meant business) and he scooted up the post to our deck. I thought he'd gone into the tree but he had the audicity to come back out and hang his sorry little ass over my balcony to taunt me.Ty thought our battle was hilarious. I, on the other hand, did not. Robo squirrel's gotta' go...I guess he didn't read the eviction notice I left him.

When the mood finally struck him he came scurrying back down to the lawn, then darted away (chickenshit). I gave him a good "don't let the door hit you in the ass" tongue lashing on his way. He hopped along the fence like a bloody show off and, at one point, I thought he was going to come back. He did that the other day. I threw rocks at him (near, not aiming to hit him) and he actually hopped closer to me and thought I was feeding him. Ha, that'll be the day (I used to feed squirrels, when I was an idiot. Now I know they're bullies). I actually have a picture of Ty when he was two and he's crouched down, hand feeding a peanut to one of these rabies machines. I shudder to think of how easily he could've been attacked.

Anyhow, I'm safely barricaded inside now. But I did do a double check off the balcony tonight and snapped this pic of a spider's web that's in the doorway (I never remove them...I like spiders). I wish spiders ate squirrel meat.

Labels: , ,

9 Comments:

Blogger Whitenoise said...

Funny about the spiders...I plead their case here all the time, but the rest of the family goes off the deep end and forces me to play executioner.

3:48 AM  
Blogger Gledwood said...

Those orb webs are beautiful ... I hate spiders close-up though. Especially redbacks/funnelwebs/black widow type ones. The birdeating spider that's always put on TV as "scary" doesn't do the job for me as well as ... well any of those first three ... gives me the creeps! ... uggghhhkkk!!!

5:47 AM  
Blogger Gledwood said...

btw that web looks unfinished to me ... (expert that I am !!--...)

5:48 AM  
Blogger Deb said...

whitenoise...if they can carry a brick and they're running across the floor, then they've gotta go. But I just put them outside and don't get any pleasure out of"executing" them.

gled...birdeating spiders??? I wouldn't like them either, or the ones you've listed. And I thought the same thing about the web - that it looks unfinished or damaged.

8:02 AM  
Blogger Barbara Bruederlin said...

I'm a spider fan as well. If they get too plentiful or in my way, I put them outside. Mind you we have pretty bitty spiders here. I'm not sure how I would handle any that could eat a bird (or a squirrel for that matter).

8:57 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

you and toccata... and the squirrels....rolling eyes here

12:08 PM  
Blogger Deb said...

just wait kelly...one day they'll show up on your doorstep and THEN you'll be signing up for our "nuke the squirrels" campaign.

1:37 PM  
Blogger Toccata said...

That was a terrific squirrel tale. Maybe we can ship a batch off to Kelly.

7:01 PM  
Blogger Deb said...

I say we make him a nice squirrel loaf.

8:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home