Sunday, April 29, 2007


I'm pretty psyched....just found out that I won this contest.

Now, in all fairness I should give it to Linds for a couple of reasons. Ty was the grateful recipient of the last jersey I won (the autographed Geroy one) and he already has three Canucks jerseys. But he's a huge fan and I know he'd love the new jersey. What to do?

I think that Ty will probably get it (although I really want to keep it for myself) - he's the biggest fan I know. He won't leave the house when a game is on - even preseason radio games!! He counts down the days to training camp each year and goes into a deep withdrawal when the season ends.

If it were a Nirvana/Bright Eyes/Killers jersey Linds would be in for sure. But it's Canucks and I think Ty's gonna' score another one. He better remember me when I'm old and decrepit.

Labels:

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

How do you win al these things? And why not keep it for yourself?

1:10 PM  
Blogger Go Figure said...

hockey? do they still play that? you should try the spokesmanreview.com huckleberries site. it hooks up to a ton of blogs. i think most everyone would enjoy your site and comments.some nice folk over there. heck they might even know this game, hockey, you talk about. I think I saw your blog from gled 2, or something like that, when he pushed "next" and my blurb was it.
Best,

1:19 PM  
Blogger Deb said...

kelly...well I think I'm just too darned good to my kids. I wouldn't have the heart to keep it, knowing that Ty would love it.

e.h....welcome! Thanks for the compliment and the head's up on the blog....I'll be over to check you out too. I find a lot of good blogs when I'm over at gled's.

(We're hockey crazy over here.)

1:59 PM  
Blogger Barbara Bruederlin said...

Hey congratulations! That's a mighty nice prize, but with big prizes come big responsibilities. OR at least decisions.

2:58 PM  
Blogger Deb said...

I know Barb, it's just not fair. They really should award me two prizes.

4:15 PM  
Blogger Deb said...

oh and kel...I never answered your question "how do you win all these things?".

I enter any contest that appeals to me and, for this particular one, it was a 250 word submission on why you thought your team would win the cup. Almost a given for me, right? It's like asking someone to spell their own name...only problem was it had to be 250 words or less - just barely got me started. You know what I'm like.

4:18 PM  
Blogger Toccata said...

Congratulations! I just read the poem. That was awesome Deb. It was no contest once they read your entry.

6:12 PM  
Blogger Toccata said...

Damn! Not about you winning about the the loss of the game!!

7:37 PM  
Blogger junky said...

that red and white jersey looks nicer, I don't know like classic, maybe from years ago when there were only six teams, just guessing.

7:58 PM  
Blogger Deb said...

tc....heartbreaker of a game tonight. But I feel optimistic with the way we're playing. And thanks for the kind words. ;)

junky...Ty tells me they haven't released the new jerseys yet so we have to wait until they're ready. Curious to see how they look. And he's decided it'll be a #8/Mitchell.

9:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home