Sunday, September 17, 2006

Feel Good Picture Of The Day

This photo caught my eye and, at a time when I'm shedding a lot of tears and feeling like crap, it warmed my heart and made me smile. I've unsuccessfully tried, several times and using the "large" settting to upload photos, to make it bigger. You really need to see a larger version to capture the whole effect...their expressions are priceless.

It's from the BBC (In Pictures) Photographer of the Year Contest. I entered a couple of lame photos, but really enjoyed some of the submissions throughout the contest...this one being my ultimate favorite. There were several different "themes", in which people submitted their photos for on line voting. The winners of each category will now be put into the pool for selection of the "Photographer of the Year". I will be voting for this picture. Check it out, it's well worth viewing/voting.

(I apologize at my inability to "link" you directly there....damned Safari. I'll add the BBC to the sidebar, simply click on the "In Pictures" link and follow it to the contest/voting.)

8 Comments:

Blogger Allison said...

That is a really great picture.

On the linking front, this actually took me weeks to figure out when I got my MAC, but its the html code that lets you link in blogger.
For example, you want to hyperlink to hotmail, put in this code and where I've written 'HERE' you can write whatever you want it to read, and put the url inside the brackets.
HERE

2:09 PM  
Blogger Allison said...

lol...tricky bastards, it hyperlinked the code i tried to send...sorry

2:10 PM  
Blogger Deb said...

I've tried a few things that Alana recommended...this Safari is bs. I know on Mozilla, there's a menu type bar that has a links command. I've just given up and do it this primitive way......*sigh*. Thanks for trying though.

(did you get to check out the picture over there?...it's a bit bigger and captures their expressions a bit better)

4:05 PM  
Blogger Allison said...

I will send the code to Alana over msn and she can send it to you if you want?
Its super easy once you know it. Then you can link to your hearts desire ;P

5:13 PM  
Blogger Deb said...

Thanks, I'd appreciate it. I just can't guarantee I'll "get" how to do it...I'm a little (no, a lot) slow in this department!

9:33 AM  
Blogger Alana Elliott said...

Well Deb, if you'd get around to adding me to MSN like you were supposed to do, we might be able to figure the whole HTML thing out together. :P

The picture is really awesome though, that's a good choice you made. It isn't very big, but I think you can still see the effects that you were talking about with the smaller pictures. It's nice. :)

9:00 PM  
Blogger Deb said...

Alana...I was having some problems with MSN and have all but sworn off of it. But I will do that (soon). Just like the MG tunes - I apologize for the delay in everything right now. All hell's been breaking loose and it's all I can do to just comment/blog. I do also have Mozilla as an option - I think I've just resorted to the fact that it's easier for me to do it this way (sidebar). Probably down the road, when things settle down a bit, I'll look into it more. I'm just so scared of doing stuff that ends up going wrong and having me invest entire days in trouble shooting (which has been the case for me so far. So I'm letting sleeping dogs lie (which has become my catch phrase, I think). You're the best for offering your services - I'm lucky to have your brilliance on Team Deb and will definitely put it to work (at some point).

You'll learn about "late Deb"....I'm the standing joke in the family (although I've got a cousin who's rivalling me for the title!)

8:57 AM  
Blogger Deb said...

) What's with me and unclosed brackets?

8:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home