Tuesday, December 05, 2006

If This Were A Race, I'd Be Losing (or how turtle speed just doesn't get it done)

I'm really slow at this blogging stuff. I know the basics and not much more (which, I'm sure, is quite obvious by now). I still can't "link", "embed" do backflips or skydive. I can link on my sidebar, which is my bestestest feat here to date. I'm also very slow at updating and have neglected to add some "friends" whose blogs I visit regularly and really like. So please, forgive me if I've missed yours, it's not intentional or anything personal...I'm just in Christmas frenzy mode and REALLY behind in things. Have a great day!

4 Comments:

Blogger Allison said...

I swear I sent you my how-to-link in a post email, months ago...or I pasted in onto Alana...

hmmm. I wished I'd save it, I can send it again if you'd like? Assuming linking in posts is what you're refering too.

1:17 PM  
Blogger Deb said...

I'm turning red Allison...you did. And I still don't know how to use it. And you're not the first/only one to try. It's like someone sending me instructions for assembling a refrigerator and they're written in German. I appreciated your effort(s) so much, I've resorted to the fact that I'm a moron.

Everything I try has to be very simple because that's how I am when it comes to following instructions...I've never been good with "written" ones, I have to "see" it.
I sort of gave up (in the fear that I'd wipe out my entire blog trying).

3:07 PM  
Blogger Allison said...

I know you're on a mac (at least i think), so I use it everyday, and have yet to delete anything (fingers crossed), so follow here, its really its not too hard. Promise :)

The code I sent, in between the " " copy and paste any url you want. And then where I've put the word HERE, put in whichever words, sentences you want it to read. Because Blogger isn't the most MAC friendly this means that we get to see HTML code in our posts, unlike on a PC where we can just directly link. Sometimes confusing, it took me awhile before I figured it out. I'd paste the code you you again here, but then I'd just be creating another link...lol.

Hope that helps, even if it doesn't, we can all deal with copying/pasting any links you have. Frankly, I could use the finger exercise ;P

3:18 PM  
Blogger Deb said...

I think that almost made sense. I'll follow up when I'm alert...tonight I am a zombie.

12:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home