Friday, February 23, 2007

I'm posting like a maniac because I'm sick as a dog right now and if I die you'll have plenty to keep you going, k? I'm all out of everything in the pain relief/knock me out department because I take stuff about every eight years and it's all expired. I did chew some Alpine gum that expired in '03...how the hell is it still around? Now I feel twice as sick (psychological). This is what I normally take but I'm all out. Damn it. Safeway closed 50 minutes ago so I'm SOL. Usually I have Buckley's here as a back up - nope...I sent that to the cabin with the kids. Not even booze in the house (since 2000)...I'd get plastered to deal with this agony. Probably not though. Plastered to me now is two drinks because, basically, I'm a wuss. I drank about a gallon of green tea at work, hoping that it might help. But damn that stupid drunk girl next to me at the concert who said she was sick/gonna' barf. Yea. Thanks my new friend, now I have something to remember the show by...this blows.

So here's my last YouTube find...we saw this on TV and I checked to see if it was here and, yep, it was. I love kick boxing and sometimes when I work out I pretend/visualize that I'm a kickboxer and could kick some serious ass. Visualization can be a great w/o tool...you put yourself in another place and forget how tired your ass really is. I used to do the whole Tae-Bo thing and actually, I really liked it. But this is real stuff, with a twist...kinda entertaining, in a numbnuts way I guess.

I do promise to quit all the whining soon. Maybe.

10 Comments:

Blogger Gledwood said...

GET WELL SOON!

And if you really need to, I'm sure that taking out of date medication isn't going to kill you. (Well I'd take it but my attitude to meds isn't perhaps the one to lsiten to!)

Take it EZ Debs,

Gledsxx

2:39 AM  
Blogger Women on the Verge said...

I hope you feel better soon!!
E

7:11 AM  
Blogger Whitenoise said...

Hope you're feeling better!

Took some pics of your city yesterday. Haven't looked at 'em yet, but if they're good, maybe I'll put them up or pass them along.

cheers

12:57 PM  
Blogger Allison said...

Hope you feel better soon!

Gum expires? Good to know.

4:29 PM  
Blogger Deb said...

thanks guys...still down for the count here. back later, when I can actually hold my head up.

7:42 PM  
Blogger Barbara Bruederlin said...

You poor babe! Hope you're back in the pink soon.

8:54 PM  
Blogger Gledwood said...

Hey the lurghie ought to be fading by now, surely? Flue lasts for 3 days at peak. I know it can take a lot longer than that to get better but "burning up" phase is 3 days isn't it. So you should be feeling far better by the end of the weekend. My advice would be to let yourself burn up under a duvet and don't bother taking stuff to lower your temp (because the hi temp IS burning up the flu, surely that's how it works??). Then work on getting back to normal/doing things next week. There is no point pushing yourself too hard else you'll only end up feeling even more human than before. You know what i mean ...

4:01 AM  
Blogger Gledwood said...

Lime juice drank made into strong cordial is lovely and really does clear out the sinuses. IS it flue you've got? You didn't say. Lime juice thing works really well (far better than lemon). I discovered it by accident, not by reading herbalism type books so I can vouch it really does work. Order your kids to bring a bottle of jif lime in. 3 teaspoons of sugar (nicer than honey!!) + 5-8 tsps lime juice to taste makes a great drink far nicer than any shop-bought cordial.

4:04 AM  
Blogger Deb said...

good advice gleds. i'm burning it out of me as we speak...it's brutal!

6:49 PM  
Blogger Deb said...

w/n...would love to see those pics

6:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home