Thursday, February 08, 2007

Lindsay came home and showed me the deal she got (this shirt cost her $2.81).I'm going to Bluenotes to get one tomorrow. I don't think 15 year olds should be allowed to buy Lynyrd Skynyrd tees unless they can sing Free Bird, in its entirety. And Simple Man. Anyhow, then she took off with the friggin' phone and now I'll never get it back. Fifteen year olds overrule 45 year olds when it comes to the phone...did you know that? Apparently it's the law. So I will blog and wait.

I saw Mom in the hospice...I hate it so I'm not going to talk about it. Deal?

Just before I drove out to Surrey I heard the news (in Mom's room - remember, I'm boycotting the news until happy faces show up)...there was going to be a big evacuation out there because chemicals used for making meth had been dumped in two seperate locations and there was a plume of toxic smoke at one. Yea, made for an interesting trip out there.

Before we got on the highway I filled the car and Ty went in to get us a Slurpee at the gas station. We got on the road and he told me to try mine because his tasted like soap...I tried mine and almost gagged. It wasn't a soap taste, to me it tasted like chemicals. MDA to be precise. I turned the car back around and went and told the rocket scientist gas jockey working behind the counter. He went "huh?" and that about ended that brilliant display of communication. Ty got some kind of Black Coke shit that is coke mixed with caffeine...may as well have thrown some o.j. and a milkshake in there for good measure. Yuck, I liked the mda slurpee better. Confused products...just be yourself (reminds me of something Mitch Hedberg would say...maybe he did? I dunno).

I don't drive my car out on the highway much anymore...it's just not reliable enough. Or at least it wasn't...we may have finally fixed it this time (fingers are crossed). I haven't had a breakdown in awhile and, yes, I'm knocking on wood. Take special note in the pictures I'm posting of the tunnel that we stalled in some time ago - right on the incline where cars came up on our ass at 100 mph and almost took us right out. We had to get out and walk. I'm slowly gaining confidence in the car again....it's been nearly two months since it's broken down. But I'll never completely trust it...I'm skeptical. Taking this trip to Fiona's now creates huge anxiety in me and it's too bad because I love the drive. It's kind of killed it for me.

The drive is along a riverside road used mainly by truckers. It's highway speeds and you can fly out there without barely having to stop/slow down. It's very dark though, no streetlights for the most part and at some points there is very little shoulder to the road, leaving nothing but river beside you. I'll snap pics in the day sometime...tonight it was dark. But you get the idea. The ride home (alone) is a little daunting....if I did breakdown again it would be kind of creepy out there by myself. Oh yeah, I dont' get scared, do I?






I like this one (above - click on the big size)....the lights look like question marks to me. Like the sky's going "wtf?"


We stalled in here and had to get out of the car and walk along that little ridge on the right with the cars whizzing by (again, highway speeds). Not fun.

7 Comments:

Blogger Toccata said...

I saw that on the news and wondered if you lived anywhere near it. It looked kind of rural in the same way as the pictures you have posted from your neighbourhood. Are you in the possible evacuation zone? From what I heard the evacuation will be tomorrow morning if it does in fact go ahead.

Deb, when the heck is your birthday? Are you now 45? If so, happy belated birthday.

Hope you manage to snag that phone away from the 15 year old at some point! :)

11:57 PM  
Blogger Deb said...

hi toccata...luckily I'm not near the area. But my son's g/f is fairly close - that's where I drove him out to. So I've warned them about it.

My bday is in October...i did turn 45. Can that be right? My inner child is fighting it all the way. I feel 25. When's your birthday?

Linds "killed" the phone...battery completely dead. Figures.

12:11 AM  
Blogger RUTH said...

Don't you let them kid you.....the phone is yours.....especially now the batteries dead!!!...lol
Re; evacuation..scary!

1:36 PM  
Blogger junky said...

she was over charged by about $2.80, with the exception of simple man. that band has perpetuated redneckdom for far too long.

6:49 PM  
Blogger mellowlee said...

I will call you some other night, maybe this weekend? Let me know k

6:53 PM  
Blogger Barbara Bruederlin said...

I heard the news about the meth dump as well. Holy crap, when are we going to stop poisoning ourselves?

I can certainly see that drive being intimidating, especially at night. I don't much like to drive at night anymore, because my depth perception is almost gone in the dark. And with cataracts, the oncoming lights are like blinding starbursts. Not a good combination haha!

10:25 PM  
Blogger Deb said...

hey guys...short & sweet. I'm beat.

ruth - i actually hate the phone and avoid it as much as possible. But Mel & I are trying to connect. Usually people just give up on trying to communicate with me...I'm hard to reach.

junky...as usual, you kill me. I know but, c'mon - a shirt (baseball style with the long sleeves) for under three bucks. I can't get a coffee here for that. FTR - Simple Man's the only one I can stomach too.

Mel - sorry I'm never available. Long story..another family member rushed to emerg last night - heart attack. Call me in the am if you can - i'm in my big poker tourney at 9...call anytime after then.

10:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home