Saturday, March 24, 2007

Happy Sunday Saturday!

Don't ya' love it when you wake up thinking it's the LAST day of the weekend but you really have two more days of workless bliss? That happened to me this morning....wahoo. I'm gonna' party like it's 1999!

We're most likely going to the Giants game tonight...I was SO pissed at the (local) Shaw cable's decision to play the Calgary/Kootenay game but NOT the Giants game (which was super exciting and went down to the wire). I emailed them to let them know that their scheduling sucks. Anyhow, the "W" for us.

We'll see how I'm feeling later before I buy tickets...these frickin' pills I'm on aren't agreeing with me. Or maybe it was the glass of wine I had yesterday...I'm such a wuss now. I used to be able to drink the guys under the table...had a super high tolerance and alcohol barely affected me. Now, not so much. Two glasses and I'm down for the count.

The countdown is on....exactly a month until Damien Rice. We're so excited - Linds found some clips from a previous concert of his that gave us a nice preview of what to expect. I thought he was so moody/serious/dark, but it turns out not so much. In the middle of one of his songs he breaks into a Prince tune and orders everyone up to dance. Now I'll be participating fully in something like that. I love when the performers interact with the crowd and don't just rattle off their songs and then leave. I'm pumped (yes Barb, it was so good I stole it).

We're also going to watch Fiona perform next week. She's studying music at Kwantlen and it'll be the first show we've made it to....the other two performances were both in the middle of blizzards. I'm really excited to finally see her doing what she does best - which is sing. She's got the voice of an angel and we're so proud of her.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Finally:

"How many NHL execs does it take to screw in a light bulb?

Just one. But it'll take him 301 days to do it."That's the intro to the book I'm reading - I'll give you a full report when I'm done. It'll probably take me that long to read it...so many interruptions.

Have a great Friday SATURDAY, yeah, that's it. What planet we on?

3 Comments:

Blogger Toccata said...

Hope the pills start doing what they're supposed to and leave the nasty side effects behind.

I was a little out of the loop yesterday but wanted to tell you that post you did on Vince really was beautiful. He and his wife are special people indeed. I think you should present them with a copy of what you wrote. I'm sure they would be extremely touched by it.

1:10 PM  
Blogger Women on the Verge said...

I second tocatta's hope that your need for the nasty meds ceases soon!

Enjoy the rest of your weekend!!!!!

ethel

1:18 PM  
Blogger Barbara Bruederlin said...

Don't you love it when you have one more weekend day than you thought (instead of vice versa)?

Hope the meds start sitting with you a bit better so you can enjoy that Sunday, oops, Saturday night.

2:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home