Monday, March 19, 2007

Thank you to you crazies who read my life story below...it means a lot.

On a lighter note: I forgot to tell you that I've given up coffee!! It's been a month now and I'm surprised that I don't even miss it. I didn't start to drink coffee until I was in my thirties but, over time, I was hooked. And each morning I had to have a few cups to get me going. But when I was recently really sick I thought it was time to concentrate on what I was putting into my body so I just didn't drink it for a day or two. That was the plan, just while I was building my strength back up. But then I forgot about it all together. Now I don't miss it at all and drink mostly water and green tea. Linds is really into the chai tea, so I'm experimenting with that as well (I LOVE the smell of the teabag wrappers the most and I stick them up close to my nose and inhale them...Linds thinks I'm nuts. They smell like Thrills gum).

So this is our tea selection at the moment...what kind do you like?

7 Comments:

Blogger Barbara Bruederlin said...

Well done giving up coffee. Didn't you get massive headaches?

My friend Jas from work makes the best tea. She mixes different blends together and even has a little spice mix she throws in. Delic!

At home I like english breakfast and earl grey usually during the day and peppermint and chamomile in the evening. I also admit to a weakness for a Starbucks non-fat chai tea latte, but I feel like such a poseur ordering it.

9:54 PM  
Blogger Deb said...

I did get headaches but I was feeling so crummy that one more ailment was nothing. I was really worried because I was having serious heart palpitations and apparently my heart was having to work extra hard...I figured caffeine probably wouldn't help that much. And, after a couple of days I realized I didn't even miss it.

12:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i started drinking coffee in my tirties too. I still couldn't drink it if it actually tasted like coffee...I am a self-proclaimed coffee-wuss...i need that flavoured stuff in it...hazelnut or vanilla....Its funny...if i avoid caffeine and sugar it seems to do the most to my well being feeling and my weight...of course as i type this i am having coffee, with hazelnut cream stuff in it
I often have a tea in the evening, I like chai or fennel best, still need sugar in it though,

8:25 AM  
Blogger Toccata said...

Oh no. I was just talking to someone a couple of nights ago that I have to quit my coffee addiction.

Ew to the coffee additions that Kelly is into. I need real coffee but with LOTS of milk.

11:42 AM  
Blogger Deb said...

kelly...you coffee wuss you. You need to be a real man like tc and I and get rid of that fancy crap. (jj of course).

tc...(milk and sugar here).

11:59 AM  
Blogger junky said...

is the black chai flavor from that brand in the basket that shit is dope

5:01 PM  
Blogger B said...

I am a huge tea drinker

My favorites are *green mint tea
*mango passion by stash

8:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home