Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Boy oh boy time flies, doesn't it?

Are we really midway through January already? Better get going on my resolutions (again).

I've been really busy following up on job leads. I have one that has really tweaked my interest and I was contacted by someone, which leads me to believe they're also interested. It sort of ties in my many years as a secretary with my love of/training in fitness. I'm extremely excited at the prospect, but am also well aware of the fact that, with the current state of the economy, each job posting comes with a kazillion applicants. Fingers crossed.

"GO #14"

I've also been a good hockey aunt lately, taking in some of my nephew's games....the time flies things applies here as well. These "kids" are no longer little scamps scooting around the ice looking to grab the puck - they've developed into real hockey players. I was wow'd by how much they've progressed, even since last year. Brandon's team won (6-0) and he scored on a beautiful, back hander...but apparently the report (from parents who expect too much?) - it wasn't a "great" game. I beg to differ.

Brandon was recently selected for a team that travelled down to the US to play a tourney over New Year's....there were teams from as far away as Russia competing. That quickly put things into perspective, as they got their butts handed to them. It was a good learning experience, as they realized how difficult it is to actually complete and be successful at a higher level. Some of these kids "train" for hours each day, so it doesn't come easily...there's a lot of hard work involved. Motivational indeed.

We won't talk about MY hockey team - you know, the one that currently needs resuscitation...Captain Lu can't come back quickly enough. Last night our goaltender looked like he forgot to wear his contacts and put us in a huge hole...despite a valiant third period effort, it was a case of too little too late (again). I actually paid for the game last night. I can't afford to waste money like that.

Anyhow, the snow's finally melted here and it's time to get back to biking/walking outdoors. I get stir crazy when I'm cooped up inside so it's a welcome relief to see some blue sky today. With that, I'd better go make the most of it (as I see some clouds moving in to crash my party).

Take care and be back soon.

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger Barbara Bruederlin said...

Ooooooh fingers crossed on the job prospect! You would be perfect for something fitness related. You actually LIKE exercise!

8:08 PM  
Blogger Whitenoise said...

Stay warm, Deb! And, good luck with the job hunting.

6:23 AM  
Blogger Allison said...

Good luck to you on the job hunt. Its beyond frustrating, but always nice when someone contacts you. My fingers are crossed for you. :)

10:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home