Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Linds and Ty turn me onto most new music that I hear/like. I went without FM radio for years when I drove the Volvo. In the new rig, I have FM and, let me tell you, I've learned I wasn't missing much. G & R has a NEW album? How the hell did THAT happen? FTR - I love G & R. I'm ashamed to admit it, but it's true. Not all of it or in a "I listen to it every day" kind of way, but I still listen to Estranged at least once a week, workout to Coma and will probably give Chinese Democracy a run through. Do you still want to know me?

I also know, instantly, if I love or hate music. There's no in the middle, "it'll grow on me" crap with me.
So Linds got the new Killers CD (her teacher left school and went and picked it up for her - how cool is that?)...she reported that I'd hate it. "It's 80's music Mom - you hated the 80's, remember?". Yes, I did in fact (for the most part). But I rather liked this CD and one song has really stuck with me.....I'm going to try and put the video up but it seems that YouTube's being an ass again. It's "Kick YouTube" day today, did you hear? Not to make light of the recent KAGD that had some kids beat up for no reason at all but, seriously, I want to post videos. Anyhow, my kid's a (fake) ginger - so I think it's stupid and am officially changing that day to kick a telephone pole with flip flops on.

Anyhow, I have Goodnight, Travel Well on repeat and that's the gist of this post. And, as I usually do, I'll play it for 18 days straight until I can no longer bear to hear it anymore.

5 Comments:

Blogger Barbara Bruederlin said...

I get a lot of my music from my ofspring as well. And there is one thing we both agree on, we couldn't give a rat's ass if we ever hear Chinese Democracy. (I actually listened to a snippet on someone's blog - meh.)

7:42 PM  
Blogger Deb said...

Hey, quit impersonating the zombie.

10:13 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I got that CD for Amy because I liked it (Christmas present). I especially like the song Spaceman.



http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gtpP741BPcE

11:58 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I got that CD for Amy because I liked it (Christmas present). I especially like the song Spaceman.



http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gtpP741BPcE

11:59 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

OMG I love Estranged too. Have you seen the video, Deb.? Seen GnR twice how about you?

8:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home