Saturday, October 04, 2008

I am pathetic.

Seriously...I composed a post some time ago, complete with pictures, and didn't post it. Why?...I don't know. I suppose it's because, to me, nothing's ever "finished" (there's more to that - remember, I'm 10 years "separated" without having ever divorced).

Later on today (when I get home from the races), I will post it - just because. I don't know how to adjust the date, so it will probably appear before this one chronologically.

Nothing much to report - although yesterday was one shit of a day. It started out o.k....the mother in law and I did our usual Friday breakfast at Ikea. Yes, Ikea and breakfast do go together - a buck for eggs, hash browns and toast. Anyhow, we're kinda like that "start the car" lady from the commercials over the whole deal. But things quickly went downhill after breakfast.

Linds normally is out of school at 11:30 on Fridays but when we went to pick her up, she was still finishing up some homework. No biggie, we simply scooted over to Save On Foods so the mother in law could sneer at their prices. I also discovered that the Canucks' tickets I usually get for 1,600 points plus cash are now 22,000 points each. In other words, I'd have to spend $18 million to get a free hockey ticket. I'll pass, thanks. Go Giants.

So after squeezing all the lemons in the produce department, we went back to get Linds (who still wasn't "finished"). Which was hard to understand, as she was outside, farting around with friends. She was also wolfing down a huge black forest ham/cheese croissant that the school had provided (as, apparently she is a needy child of poverty and we can't afford food. Hard to tell, what with the $100 shoes/$110 hairdo, etc.). Anyhow, the issue I had with this was that the day before I made her a lovely black forest ham/cheese sandwich that she didn't eat, announcing that she doesn't do ham. Apparently that was only applicable yesterday and today it's her favorite.

I was losing my patience by this time, as I had an hour and a half before I started work. I told her to get her ass and her (not as good as my) sandwich back inside and get serious about finishing her homework (the school she's at doesn't believe in homework...the students must complete their work before they leave each Friday - I love that system, as it ensures the work actually gets done).

I dropped off the mother in law, then pondered what to do in the little time I had left before work. I almost turned right and headed to Dad's but, foolishly, decided I'd go to Safeway and get the groceries instead. Bad move.

Have I ever told you about an ongoing battle I have with a red light camera on my route home? The kids laugh because it's not uncommon for me to slow down, almost to a stop, on a green light because this light's been programmed to "catch" unsuspecting motorists and people who drive like sane people. I've clocked the green to red and it's been as little as 7 seconds on occasion....I don't even think it has yellow. So far, I've beat the little bastard every time, but today my luck ran out.

As I approached the light I was "ready", as usual. Elbows out, teeth clenched, arms tense with my hands grippping the wheel (ready to floor it through the yellow). And, as expected, it did turn yellow - right as I was on the crosswalk line. Now any reasonable person would just carry on through the light - but I have issues. So I slammed, hard, on the brakes. "Hahahaha light, you can't catch me". Although, in my calculations, I forgot that it was raining for the first time in weeks, so I started to slide, sideways. I ended up in the middle of the intersection, in the red. "Cheeeeeez".

But that was just the start. Work was awful - I think it was Dickhead Day yesterday. Got through that, bought a nice bottle of wine and came home to watch the rest of the football game and make some chili. Then Ty phoned, needing a ride home. No problem, right?

Well I ran out of gas on the way, wearing my after work comfy pyjamas. I won't even tell the rest of the story because, quite frankly, there aren't enough swear words available.

So, today's gotta be better, right? I'll keep you posted.


Anonymous Anonymous said...

you're one cooooool mommy

12:16 AM  
Blogger Deb said...

Aw, thanks. And fruitcups are pretty cool too. :)

12:45 AM  
Blogger Barbara Bruederlin said...

Oh man, Deb, that day just sucked the big one! I hope that is the last of those!

9:08 PM  
Blogger Whitenoise said...

Teenagers, eh? Waddya going to do? Still trying not to kill mine...

Smiling at the thought of you walking to the gas station in pjs... (Sorry, but it's funny)

5:19 PM  
Blogger busterp said...

Whew. I thought it was only me with days like that. Difference? I like to use "Richard head" instead of "Dick head"(get it? I hope so. Ha.)Great post deb.

7:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home