Tuesday, July 01, 2008


Wow, I've been slacking lately, eh? (That's Canadian for "right?").

I apologize for not, at the very least, responding to comments or visiting your blogs. Rude, rude, rude. The bottom line is that I'm on the fly 24-7 right now (and loving every minute of it).

I'm back to mountain biking (hard and long) and that consumes the "me" time that used to be spent on the internet. Can't have it all. It's very therapeutic and I'm in a much better head space when I allow myself that time. I'll post pics later - have some great ones from my rock. Here's a preview...ya just never know what you're gonna see on one of these rides....

A quick recap:

We attended the Matt Good show on Thursday, which was stellar (as usual). I gave up my "good" floor seat to Jesse and got hooked up with another one that turned out to be one of the best seats in the house....center, balcony, aisle. Loved it. Anyhow, the concert was amazing but I just couldn't do justice to a review like my new friend Jennifer. She is a fellow fan who I've met through the site and had the pleasure of actually meeting in person at the show. She's a doll. I also met another internet "friend" for the first time, who was even lovelier in person than I'd imagined....t - you know who you are. Matt's fans are some of the best people I've ever encountered...truly a great bunch and I'm glad to have had the opportunity to meet a few of them firsthand.

* * * * *

We did our usual jaunt to the racetrack yesterday and had a splendid day there...the weather was perfect, there was live entertainment and the company was the best. Linds and Jesse even joined us for the afternoon, making things complete. I lost every race (that's normal for me) but don't care at all about that - it's all about the quality time spent together. A+.

* * * * *

Today is a big NHL day around this household...radios, TV's and the internet are all tuned in to hockey programs in anticipation of what deals may (or may not) go down. Our Canucks are poised to make a splash, although we've learned not to hold our breath here. In related news, my boy Gilbert (Brule) has been sent to Edmonton in exchange for Raffi Torres....although I think Columbus got the better end of that deal, I've seen Brule play (and had the pleasure of meeting him) and he's got serious potential. He plays with heart and determination and is a tough boy...we'll see how that one pans out.

* * * * *

In big news, it's my country's birfday today. A big shout out to Canada, for being so awesome. I'm going down to my Dad's (who lives in the heart of Canada Day land), for the annual Salmon festival in Steveston. I've been attending since I was a kid and it's a huge deal. Will report back later, as I see I'm running late (as usual)....

Have a great day everyone.

9 Comments:

Blogger Jennifer Robertson said...

It was so great to meet you too, Deb! Hope you're having a Happy Canada Day! :)

6:12 PM  
Blogger Barbara Bruederlin said...

Glad to hear that Matt's concert was good. Get it, good?

Enjoy your bike rides.

8:11 PM  
Blogger Whitenoise said...

Belated happy Canada Day to you, too, Deb. Glad to see you in high spirits. :-)

4:53 AM  
Blogger Gledwood said...

Happy Canada Day belatedly... just a quick hi. Time's about to guillotine me yet again... ARGHKKH!!

1:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

tsk tsk do you realize B.C. Lions are 0-2?

10:43 PM  
Blogger Barbara Doduk said...

I love that picture. I've always been fond of random stray furniture pictures.

8:26 PM  
Blogger Gledwood said...

Hi Debs it's only me... that chair picture makes me envious of long countrified conifer-filled roadways...

(or is that just ultra-high suburban bourgeois hedge? I can't tell!)

3:44 AM  
Blogger Deb said...

Hey Jennifer...thanks for the visit!

Barbara B...you clever cat you. I see that I also made a good reference but it was completely by accident.

I've been doing nothing but bike riding, which explains my absence.

w/n...I am in high spirits. Or is it the spirits making me high?

gled....sorry I haven't been around to see you lately. Will do so tonight. And re your road comment above....my street (the one pictured) is so strange...on one side of the road you have farms, old broken down barns, cows and fields - on the other - mega million dollar mansions (some with bowling alleys/tennis courts). Then, at the OTHER end of the street, it's an ugly concrete jungle (city core). Such a contrast...it's bizarre. One of my long overdue posts is to put up pics of the entire street, as I travel it. I must do it.

2:31 PM  
Blogger Deb said...

kelly....lol - it posted before I got to you...a sign?

anyways....

"Lalalalalalalalala....not listening" she says, fingers in her ears.

2:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home