Thursday, June 26, 2008

As if my house doesn't have enough crap that I'm trying to get rid of.....

Yesterday the ex brought the kid's a filthy, worn out old set of drums that belonged to his brother who was in a band 25 years ago (who is downsizing before a move). Let's get real - he's getting rid of shit. Now, as much as I'm in favor of allowing the creative juices to flow and I support anything musical, this isn't great. I spent an hour trying to clean deads bugs outta these things - I'm quite sure a cat might've even been living in them. Understand here - the brother was in a punk band 25 years ago and these things were dragged around to dirty, underground gigs and probably still have people's vomit stuck on them. I know because I was at some of those shows.

Anyhow, the thought is nice but now my living room has been invaded and Tyler's already begun the process of annoying the shit out of me by drumming right behind me as I sit on the couch. Again - I'm all for these guys learning the drums - just not in my ear. I've told him that I'm going to drum on them when the phone's for them....save the voice from screaming until they hear me.

I'm sure our neighbors will love the new addition. They used to like me.

I'll post pics later - when I get over the trauma of it all.

Labels:

7 Comments:

Blogger Allison said...

I like the idea of the drums being used to call the kids. Good thinking. :)

Enjoy Matt Good tonight! Look forward to the details afterwards.

10:12 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I second Al's agreement, re: drums be used as a paging system.

If anything, drum WHILE they're on the phone. And sing.

Have a spectacular evening, I'm excited for you! Have a stellar time. :)

7:49 PM  
Blogger Whitenoise said...

yikes!

5:48 AM  
Blogger Barbara Bruederlin said...

Your neighbours are probably even more thrilled than you are.

Can't wait to hear about the concert.

8:58 AM  
Blogger mellowlee said...

Oh lovely! How very thoughtful of him eh? ha

I hope you have a great time at the show Deb XO

10:59 PM  
Blogger junky said...

I'm exactly the same learn anything you want except the drums.
Smash, boom, bang, ouch!!!

4:51 PM  
Blogger Barbara Doduk said...

Got to love when people pawn off their crap on you. It isn't so bad when it is good crap but yah, I hope your neighbours are okay haha.

1:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home