Saturday, June 21, 2008























I'm really stoked for several reasons....here are the top three:

1) July 1st....UFA's!!!! No, this has nothing to do with spacecraft manned by little green guys - HOCKEY PLAYERS folks. My Man Mike (Gillis) better not disappoint. I'd like to acquire Joe Sakic, Marian Hossa, The Hanson Brothers and Chuck Norris. While we're at it let's throw 80 million at Linden and convince him to stay a year or two. Not happening? O.K. Mike - YOU do it then. The draft was this weekend and, personally, for me it's like an appetizer before the meal - just gets me thinking about what's to come...the real fun begins in a couple of weeks. We need to add to our team for next year and, although I'm excited over the prospects we picked up today, they're not going to help us tomorrow. You have to give in order to receive and I'm always a little nervous right around this time....it's an anxious excitement as we see what develops. I'm glad our new GM has said my Ikea twins aren't up on the block, but I may've seen his fingers crossed behind his back. And I hope my captain returns, albeit at a reduced price. Change is good. Sometimes. O.K., o.k., I know...some all of you hate hockey. So I'll move on.

It's my country's birthday too. Yeeha. Can't forget that.

For those of you not interested in hockey or the best country in the world, then there's....

2) Football!!! The regular season of the CFL starts this week. And my boyfriend (Geroy) is in fine form. Yea! Paint me orange.

3) The Matthew Good concert: I've been waiting my whole life for this. Well, not really, but since last year's show. The only negative thing I have to say is that it's on Thursday - the night of the Lion's game. Is it wrong to wear a headset radio IN ONE EAR? Hmmm.

Anyhow, it should be a good week. I'm off Monday and that rocks too...maybe I should've done a top 10.

That's it for now - all I've got. My toast just popped.

3 Comments:

Blogger Gledwood said...

Talking about toast popping... "someone" once dropped a half-ful cigarette lighter in my toaster and I did not realize until the toaster was ON, with bread browning and an almighty BANG at 4 in the morning. Then I saw how heat and force had literally blown a hole in the side of this Clipper lighter. No wonder it had gone "pop"! I was so shaken up then I actually cried.

Sorry slight diversion there. I'm trying to be around more these days. Take care, Debs!

xx

1:35 PM  
Blogger Whitenoise said...

Glad to see you in a good mood. :-)

6:33 AM  
Blogger Phaedra said...

Wanna do a meet-up at the MG show?

7:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home