Tuesday, June 17, 2008

OK, I wrote a big long post about my boss before this, but here it is in a nutshell:

SHE SUCKS


And I'll be doing my best NOT to quit over the next couple of days because, well, when you're under appreciated that's an option that comes to mind. In neon letters with a drum brigade & fireworks.

I'd booked (a month ago) for an early departure on the 26th of June so I can get a head start to the Matt Good concert. I'm taking a busload of people with me and we've planned on meeting other MG fans that we've met on line beforehand, to grab some chow and mingle. Been looking forward to it forever.

So I look on the calendar today and see that things have "changed" and my shift that day's now longer than I'd originally scheduled. Someone's scratched out my 2:00 finish and written 3:30 in its place. Without asking me. WHAT? Where was I when this was decided? Back the fuck truck up. Fuckers.

Not a huge deal - but the lack of communication/respect is getting to me. I then carry on to see that my hours have been cut in half over the next few weeks to accomodate the boss's daughter, who's wanting some extra summer $$. That's all fine and dandy, but I have bills to pay so, at the very least, a conversation informing me of these changes would've been nice. Also, I'd agreed to run the place for 10 days in July as the boss and her daughter were planning a jaunt to NY...the extra money was already spent. And that, too, has now been cancelled and they're "thinking" of doing something in August instead. In other words, my life's supposed to just bend and twist according to theirs. Like my time is nothing.

FUCK THIS SHIT.

Oh, by the way, I've had enough.

The very high turnover of employees there is because of this kind of crap. The last girl (Sio) was a sweetheart and I hated to see her go. But I was happy for her, as she was far too wonderful to deal with the headaches. The woman before her now works in the same complex (for the competition). She visits me and we talk about how miserable her former (my) boss is. She's supportive and is trying to coax me to the other side. They even get paid stats there. AND there are magazines to read.

So, although I LOVE the freedom of working alone without anyone breathing down my neck, I feel like enough's enough. Nice guys do finish last and I think it's time I take charge of this situation and lay a few ground rules. Like once the schedule's posted, no one changes my hours unless I give the o.k. to do so. Seems reasonable enough to me.

Going to the library now...I feel a serious need to read.

4 Comments:

Blogger junky said...

A good boss is hard to find, like stumbling over a lump of gold.
I'm really lucky in this department right now. But most bosses are incompetent fools who stopped working/learning the second the got a position of power.
Fuck'em

8:28 PM  
Blogger Allison said...

I feel like I've been lucky in the boss department, and I'm due for a horrible one soon.

How she can just change your hours, etc without asking is ridiculous. Perhaps going over to the other side wouldn't be so bad.

Or if all else fails, as Alana says, just kick her ass. ;)

11:47 PM  
Blogger Barbara Bruederlin said...

I realy think you should talk some more to the woman who is trying to recruit you.

And I will give you my standard advice - draw up a pro/con list. And then flip a coin, how you feel about the outcome will tell you a lot about what you should do.

Good luck and have fun at MG!

6:47 AM  
Blogger Whitenoise said...

Don't let them walk all over you, Deb. Read the riot act, and if they don't care- walk on to something better.

1:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home