Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Why, why, why are there only 24 hours in a day? It's simply not enough. I find I'm constantly trying to cheat the system by having some "me" time at 2:30 am and, well, it's not working out so well.

I'm dragging my rear to work today and I'm tired as hell. But my long overdue spring cleaning mood has hit and it seems that I just get really rolling on something when I'm called away. Cobwebs in hair - I actually noticed the other day that the spider was on me too.

Bear with me. My posts have lacked substance (was it ever any other way?). They've been mostly bitches, rants and whines. Really flattering stuff.

But I find that when I do get 18 seconds to post, I'm in a bitchy, whiny mood. Mostly because of the 24 hours in a day thing...why can't I vacuum my car at 3 am? Do the neighbours have to sleep every night? Geesh, so picky around here.

Anyhow, today's a "long" shift (waa), followed by the laundromat, dinner and Rock of Love. Yes, I do watch that garbage. It's the sleaziest, sluttiest, trashiest bit of nonsense I've ever seen. And I love it. I can't quite pinpoint why (and probably need therapy). Bret Michaels dating life...well, dating doesn't really factor in much. Fiona and I feel normal when we watch that show...maybe that's it.

Have a great hump day. Be back by November.

3 Comments:

Blogger Whitenoise said...

I hear ya. Maybe we can start a lobby group for longer days...

1:32 PM  
Blogger Mike Minzes said...

I'd give you some of my time, but I am working on borrowed time myself :)

7:34 PM  
Blogger Barbara Bruederlin said...

I'm having longer days by default. The god damned birds wake me up at 3:45 every morning. Naturally I don't go to bed any earlier though.

6:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home