Wednesday, July 23, 2008


I feel really bad for dropping off the face of the earth - no blog visits, no posting...nothing. I'm lame.

As much as I'd like to be able to tell you I was stuck in quick sand while trying to rescue a baby or on an African Safara, I really don't have a reason for my absence....just that the gorgeous weather we've been having tends to draw me away from my dark little computer corner and the only thing I've been doing on the net lately is checking in on football/hockey news.

I've been riding every night without fail...mountain biking is definitely my "thing" now. I love it.

I've also been waiting with bated breath for Mats Sundin to sign with my team. Here in Vancouver, the residents and local businesses are trying to sweeten the deal with additional offerings to his contract (like $20 million isn't enough). Anyhow, I'm donating a Set For Life scratch & win and some of Dad's wild smoked AND pickled salmon to the cause. I'm sure that'll seal the deal.

Ty and I went to the Lion's game Friday night...it was Bob Ackles night and there was a lovely tribute to the man who did so much for football in this province. My team's still shaking out some cobwebs, but they managed to win it for Bob. Great seats, lots of fun. The $30 parking spot didn't impress me much - I figured they could've at least washed the car while we were inside, but no go. Bastards.

My man Geroy is in fine form this year...he's about to surpass "Dirty 30" (Jim Young) in the record books. I remember watching Jim at Empire Stadium when he set those records waaaay back when. (God I'm old)

Speaking of way back when, this is kind of interesting. As you may already know, the ex and I were together since we were kids - 14 to be exact. I never had eyes for anyone else but that didn't stop some of my friends from trying to hook me up with other guys to get me away from K (he wasn't a big hit with my friends - he was possessive, jealous and sometimes mean to me...he found my friends to be a threat). Anyhow, I worked at the alcohol & drug centre in my 20's and was friends with one of the older, female counsellors. Looking back, I think she may have been the original "cougar"...she was always on a manhunt and constantly trying to get me to go out with her to lure in the younger men. So one day this really good looking guy (my age) comes into the office and she pulls me aside and says "he's a friend of mine...I want you to go out with him". When I said I didn't think so she chimed in with "don't you know who he is?!!!! HE'S AN ILICH!". The guy was gorgeous and at the time K and I had just been going through a really rough spot in our relationship and were thinking of taking a break. But, as tempted as I was, I declined the offer. Much arm twisting went on, but I stood firm in my (dumb blind) loyalty to K. So we made small talk with Mr. Gorgeous and then he left.

As it turns out, I ride by his parent's house palace on my nightly bike rides and I can't help but think of how my life might've been different if I'd gone out with him. The house is 5 minutes away from my place.

Anyhow - THIS is the house (make sure you take the "tour"). I was one of those dummies who married for love. D'oh.

3 Comments:

Blogger Barbara Bruederlin said...

ALWAYS marry for money, Deb! Silly girl! You can learn to love anyone for the right price.

8:33 AM  
Blogger Allison said...

Good to hear from you, and sounds like you're out enjoying the summer months!

And yes, always marry for money. ;)

12:07 AM  
Blogger Whitenoise said...

No, Deb, you did the right thing and got two great kids out of the deal. If you had married the rich guy, you may have ended up wealthy but completely alone and miserable.

2:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home