Wednesday, July 09, 2008


I put together a post about what I've been doing this past week but I've saved it as a draft for now. It was kind of heavy...just don't know if I want to drag it here. In the meantime, these are some pictures I've been taking on my nightly rides (I leave every night after work at 6 and get home around 9...gorgeous riverside riding).

Oh, and this is a conversation I had with my Dad tonight on the phone just before I left:

DAD: "oh good, you're back from your ride"

ME: "no, haven't left yet, why?"

D: "well I have a problem"

I pause for a moment, as Dad's been experiencing a few health problems again lately. My heart sinks.

M: "what is it?"

D: "my damn TV has words printed all over it"

(whew...thank God)

M: "what do you mean words?"

D: "WORDS, like what's being said. Says something about closed caption whatever that is"

M: "I'll be right there Dad"

A few minutes later I arrive at Dad's house to find his TV off. He tells me he was too pissed off to watch it anymore because of those damn words crowding up the screen. I hit the "CLOSED CAPTION/TEXT" button smack dab in the middle of his remote and shut it off.

D: "Good, now I can watch the end of the baseball game."

I'm glad I could be of service Dad. (I'm now his super hero).

*sigh*

Did I tell you my Dad hates technology and probably wishes he had lanterns, a horse, a well, and a wood burning stove?

Anyhow, here's where I've been hiding. I love this place (click on them to make them larger/better)......





















I have more but, as usual, Blogger's giving me a hard time and it's taking 3-4 attempts for each picture.

11 Comments:

Blogger mellowlee said...

That's so cute about your dad and the captions. Lovely photos! We should so something this summer Debs...for real!

9:42 PM  
Blogger Deb said...

Hey Mel...thanks. It's so great to "see" you.

I agree...it's high time we get together!

(I'm thinking about going to the Lion's game on the 18th...but gotta check the work schedule first)

10:26 PM  
Blogger Allison said...

Those photographs are awesome Deb! Although I have a giant fear of swans, you managed to make them look somewhat less threatening. :)

3:17 AM  
Blogger Barbara Bruederlin said...

Those are amazing photos, Deb. What an eye you have.

That's a great story about your dad and reminds me of the Spousal Unit in laws, who could not figure out how to adjust the heater in the van. Blue is for cold, red is for heat just did not sink in with them.

Don't even get me started on how they used to want us to drive across town to insert a tape into the vcr for them.

7:45 AM  
Blogger Phaedra said...

Your pics are fabulous! I am not sure where you are living, but I am game for a bike ride just about anytime :)

6:32 PM  
Blogger Deb said...

Al...well if you look real closely at the 4th (I think) picture, that one angry swan is giving me the staredown. I backed off after that.

Barb...thank you. I'm learning from Linds. Haha...the vcr thing sounds like my Dad too. He's ok when I get going, it's the rewind/ff that has him muddled up.

Phaedra...I'd love to ride with you sometime! I'm out in Richmond and we have endless dyke trails here. Unfortunately, I don't have a bike rack so I can't go TOO far.

11:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

thats a nice place! and the swans.. :D

11:12 AM  
Blogger junky said...

My Dad got the SAP on somehow and I had to drop everything and drive across town so he could watch CSI, old folks crack me up. My Mom still does it and I have to tell her "yeah I'm on the other side of the country."

And holy Heron Batman that Damn bird is huge....

8:46 PM  
Blogger Whitenoise said...

I commented here a couple days ago, but somehow it didn't show up... Funny story. My FIL's like that with his computer and although he's 25km away, I often find myself jumping in the car to go undo his latest mistake. :-)

Great photos, BTW.

2:41 AM  
Blogger TK Kerouac said...

your dad is a hoot and you take amazing photos!

12:05 PM  
Blogger Gledwood said...

what amazing photos... everything chez you seems to be bigger and better... thanks for the message.. everything complicated chez me too... take care

;->...

9:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home