Monday, October 27, 2008

It's really tough for me to make decisions...I don't know when that started, but things that need to be done get thought about for far too long and then often put on the back burner indefinitely.

I bought a new set of desperately needed pots and pans once and they sat in the box for two years before I finally cracked it open and used them. There's more to that...I'm sure there is.

Last week I bought a new (used) vehicle and that was a big deal to me. It cost a bit more than what I'd wanted to spend but I was steered in this direction by my mechanic (who has been a friend of Dad's for years). A 70 year old Japanese fisherman bought the vehicle brand new in 2000 and barely drove it - it has 37,000 kms on it. It also has all the bells and whistles...more than what I need, that's for sure. It IS turning out to be a bit of a gas guzzler....but I guess carting around 5 of us, one of whom is 6 feet tall, ruled out a little economy car. We had to have sufficient room for the whole gang (and Linds' "luggage" that she carts around everywhere).

Anyhow, here's the new bus.

10 Comments:

Blogger Phaedra said...

Congrats on the new ride Deb. Looks sharp!

9:56 AM  
Blogger Barbara Bruederlin said...

That is a purdy vehicle, Deb! Love the colour too! Now I want to come out there, so you can take me on a road trip.

11:37 AM  
Blogger Alana said...

Nice wheels, Debz! You deserve some bells and whistles dude, enjoy it. :)

2:41 PM  
Blogger Syntropy said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

10:38 PM  
Blogger Syntropy said...

How is the gas mileage on it? I haven't heard very much at all on SUV's, but it looks like it's in really good condition.

As for pots and pans, I know I often use a Lagostina set that we have, but they aren't as good quality as the previous set we had. (It stayed behind when we moved.)

If I recall correctly, there's a place in Vancouver that sells really high quality stuff....I asked about it only a few days ago, but I can't seem to remember the name. Hmm.

(Deleted and re-added for grammar oops.)

10:39 PM  
Blogger Whitenoise said...

Cool. Much safer than a little car, too, should you ever be involved in a collision.

7:12 AM  
Blogger Deb said...

Thanks girls (and boys).

The gas mileage isn't great....about 17 mpg. I'd originally been looking at a small, economical car but this one was in great shape for what they were asking (so it was a bit of a trade off).

Ha, funny...the pots and pans that I hung on to for so long were Lagostina.

6:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

nice toyota....beats up on my little Honda CRV...but only 2 of us and a dorky dog go in it

10:41 PM  
Blogger Deb said...

oh, you didn't look hard enough!!! ;)

3:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ahhhh...the comments I could leave with that line....just use your imagination

3:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home