Sunday, November 02, 2008

Just for fun I electrocuted myself on Friday night. Yeeha, what a blast (I go that extra mile for Hallowe'en). Damn old garage sale lamp...knew I should've gotten rid of it ages ago (the sucker's gone now). Linds was asleep on the couch and it woke her up...apparently, she thought it was gunfire!!! I'm o.k....takes more than a few thousand volts to take me down (just ask the ex). My hand was completely black but, for whatever reason, I feel no pain - just numbness.

Cross off another of the nine lives....I think that leaves 6.

So last week was hell - I worked an average of 9 hours/day, then came home to dogsit. The dogsitting part was fun, but still demanding of my time which explains why my house looks like a bomb went off. Where did the couch go? For most people, 9 hours/day isn't a big deal but when you don't get any breaks it makes for a long day. I'm pooped - mostly mentally.

The sun's shining today so I'm going to re-energize with a big bike ride because jolting myself just didn't get the job done. Will be back later (with pics).

For now, these are pictures I took (months apart) of a swan family on my ride...when I took the second batch I didn't realize at first that it was the same brood, now grown....my, how time flies.

(Click on images to make them bigger...they're MUCH better that way)

Remember these guys?




....well here's the Partridge happy family just two and a half months later)

See how much they've grown? (Just a chip off the ol' block)
"O.K.....yoga time now kids"......


Then these guys showed up and tried to get in on the fun....

But Mama quickly decides they're getting just a little too close for comfort, so she springs into action....
"Go on, get outta here....."
"and don't come back, ya hear?!?!" (*makes raspberry sounds*)

(and then the kid acts all "tough guy" and copies Mom)...."you heard her, now SCAT!!!"

Up close and personal.....SO cute.

Every family's got one - you know...the kid who craves attention( and will do anything to get it!).
...................the straggler

See ya next year guys. Take care. xo

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger Eddie said...

nice birds, they are cute, hope all is well and your hand feels better...eddie

3:38 AM  
Blogger Whitenoise said...

Yikes! A shocking experience... be careful, Deb.

8:28 AM  
Blogger Deb said...

Hey Eddie!! Good to "see" ya. All is well - hopefully, with you too.

Whitenoise...I wonder if it left me with any super powers. I should go try to fly (again). :)

6:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've been tiling the backspalsh in the kitchen....so far shocked 3 fucking times!.....I should keep the tape measure away from the exposed outlet

8:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home