Sunday, September 17, 2006

I Swear, I Never Wanna' Eat Meat Again

And this is the reason why. I'm nearly there....but I do occassionally break down and have a burger. My daughter is a full fledged carnivore, so grocery shopping proves to be a bit of a test. But she watched a video that's got her claiming SHE'LL never eat meat again...which would make this whole thing easier for me. I don't know that I'd ever fully qualify as a full fledged "vegetarian" - I'm just really trying to drastically cut down on my meat consumption (which I've pretty much achieved).

This is another installment from the BBC Photographer of the Year contest, that I previously posted about. I haven't included the names of the people who submitted these photos - you can get them at the site. They're all great photos. This one was right up there with my favorites.

5 Comments:

Blogger Barbara Bruederlin said...

That cow really does have an epxressive face.

7:32 PM  
Blogger Allison said...

I've been a vegetarian for 8 years now, and it was because I saw a horrible film in school about how they prepare meat. Never looked back.

7:48 PM  
Blogger mellowlee said...

Awww, yes Barb is right. My grandparents used to have cows all throughout my childhood, and I've always disliked them for some reason(dont know why?), but that cow is damn CUTE!!!!! Awwwwwwwwwwwwww!

8:14 PM  
Blogger Deb said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

7:38 AM  
Blogger Deb said...

Oops, that last comment was mine.

I, on the other hand, just LOVE cows.

And my attitude towards it all is "to each his own". My son would never hear of giving up meat and that's his choice as far as I'm concerned.

I've just always been sort of indifferent towards it...we'd go to the Keg and I'd order the stuffed mushrooms instead of steak (just because it was my preference, not because of the whole meat eating issue). So, for me, it just makes sense.

7:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home