Monday, March 05, 2007

It appears our new, uninvited neighbour (the balcony rapist, aka Paul Callow, aka Jack Alvarez) is "angry" that people are making life difficult for him, forcing him to move four times since his release on Feb. 23. Gee, that's rough, isn't it? Imagine how all those women felt as they slept in their apartments and he climbed in through their balconies to violently attack them? Does he really expect us to feel sorry for him? I'm sorry. I don't.

His interview with the Globe and Mail this morning is disturbing to me...a man who spent 20 years in prison for violent attacks on women threatens, "I could say, if that's what they want to say about me, maybe I should go out, maybe I should do it all again. There wouldn't be anything to stop me". And this is a man who claims he's "rehabilitated"....what should be "stopping" him is the intense treatment he claimed to have had...people making life difficult shouldn't stir up anger. He should've been prepared for this response that he's getting - people don't just "forget". For him to feel "anger" just shows that he's not on track. Very worrying. Who's protecting us here?

Callow speaks of being whipped by his father with cables...I feel for any child who endured that. But there comes a point in life where you "fix" what's wrong with your past and don't hide behind it as an excuse for inappropriate behavior. The man's 52 now, time to move on. In his interview, it appears that Mr. Callow blames everyone/everything but himself, including the fact that he had a wife who was the "breadwinner", making him feel inferior. It proves but one thing here...he still owns no accountability for his actions and "blames" his situation and that, in itself, makes him dangerous.

I have a younger cousin (she's more like a daughter to me) who lives in the area that Callow now calls home. She often is alone, as her husband is a police officer and works shifts, as she does. I worry about the fact that, on any given night, she could be sitting at the same busstop as this creep. Kind of sends a chill down my spine.

Labels: , ,

7 Comments:

Blogger Barbara Bruederlin said...

He's moving in to your cousin's neighbourhood? That's bloody scary. Maybe it's time she started carrying some bear spray with her.

10:18 AM  
Blogger Deb said...

Yes Barbara, he is. And the very fact that he's "angry" does not sit well with residents. How dare he be angry???

10:22 AM  
Blogger Women on the Verge said...

What really pisses me off is that he takes no responsibility for what he's done! Guess what??!! I've known many people who were beaten and abused, I've known victims of rape and spousal abuse... and ya know... not a single one of them went on a bloody friggin' rampage... I'm sick to death of this bs that it's always someone elses fault. The bottom line is HE made the choice to do what he did. End of story.

Your cousin needs bear spray and a large oak baseball bat.

Ethel

8:07 PM  
Blogger Deb said...

I feel the same E....just to hear the words he was "angry"...that almost made me lose it. The guy's out walking the streets and he's ANGRY?!! I bet some of his victims still can't bear to walk the streets. Blood boiling stuff.

8:23 PM  
Blogger Toccata said...

He is definitely an enigma. A part of me wants to say, "He's done his time we have to allow him back into society," but then I see him on the news and every time he opens his mouth you just get the creepy feeling that he has not changed one whit and the public is in danger. I think he will be moving around a lot and I only hope the police are able to keep tabs on his whereabouts but that too seems unrealistic. All in all very scary.

11:12 PM  
Blogger Deb said...

he is gled...he's "faking" that he's been rehabilitated but he never actually did follow through with treatment or have any success with it.

12:40 PM  
Blogger Why live in fear said...

I didn't realize when prisoners were released they forfeited their rights to be angry about anything. I've seen MORE anger from posters on boards like this than I've seen from Paul Callow. I'm more afraid of people who think the way you people do than I am of him. I hope none of you are EVER on the wrong side of the law. Do you guys ever listen to yourselves? You all belong to the "stone-him" mentality and "witch hunt" mentality.

12:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home