Saturday, March 03, 2007

Tonight there will be a total lunar eclipse, the first one in three years. Unfortunately, not all will see it and for some it will already be eclipsed when it comes up over the horizon. For the rest of us - the eclipse will be at 5:44 p.m. ET and will last for more than an hour. For those who miss it, there will be another August 28.

Oh, and he was born on this day in 1847.

This is Mom in her heyday as the head operator at BC Tel. She was offered the very presitigious position of travelling abroad, training others on the "new" system. She declined, opting to stay at home and start a family.

Well, I'm tired of doing nothing so today I'm doing something. I don't know what yet, but the housework doesn't hear "can't". So, if I kill myself doing it, at least I tried. Have a good day!

(UPDATE: This is what my Chinese horoscope had to say about that: Your progress around the home will be limited, so avoid overdoing it. Figures).

9 Comments:

Blogger Whitenoise said...

Sweet!

And a girl in the corner let no one ignore her
'Cause she thinks she's the passionate one

11:47 AM  
Blogger Deb said...

"Oh, yeah, it was like lightning, everybody was frightening
And the music was soothing, and they all started grooving...yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah"

12:06 PM  
Blogger Whitenoise said...

One of the first 45s I ever purchased. Still have it somewhere in the basement. ;-)

12:11 PM  
Blogger Deb said...

ha, me too!

12:15 PM  
Blogger mellowlee said...

That is a fabulous photo of your mom!

1:46 PM  
Blogger Barbara Bruederlin said...

This IS a great picture of your mom. And that's a pretty imposing looking piece of equipment that she is piloting.

1:53 PM  
Blogger Deb said...

it's one of my favorites too. She actually put through a call from Gene Kelly once.

4:06 PM  
Blogger Toccata said...

Fogged in no chance of lunar eclipse here!

That is a lovely picture of your mother. She looks like she's working for NASA behind that machine. My mother would be ever so jealous at the Gene Kelly call!

8:52 PM  
Blogger Deb said...

tc...not much visibility here either. Plus I was at the laundromat watching dryers spin.

Mom was pretty proud of that call...she had a few others too but that was her most memorable.

10:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home