Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Well this kinda sucks. I had some complications yesterday (not related to my flu - that's the other thing trying to kill me) and had to push forward my doc's appt. to today. And he took one look at me and said you're anemic. So great, give me some iron and I'm on my way. But he said it appeared that I might be really low - like transfusion low, so he sent me to the lab and now I'm waiting on a call that gets my ass checked into the hospital. So, if I'm not around for a bit, hold down the fort - I won't be long. I bargained with my doc to let me have the Canuck's game if it is necessary for me to go and he cut me the deal. So I'm here for that regardless. This stuff all stems back to a very botched delivery with Ty that nearly killed me and is now rearing its' ugly head again. Nothing I can't handle though. Just last time I had to get a nasty blood transfusion (I'd lost over half my blood - apparently that's not good). The transfusion came complete with a follow up letter advising me that "the blood may have been contaminated and you must be tested for hepatits/hiv". Worst time of my life, thinking I may have contracted something serious because the blood hadn't been screened. I was one of the lucky ones - all clear. But this new stuff going on brings it all back to the surface, I'll tell you the whole story when I have more energy. Right now I've gotta' go blog surf before I go put my Sopel shirt on. Oh, I don't have one? I'll make one then.

14 Comments:

Blogger Deb said...

those scares are the ultimate in scary. Well the doc said this - Average/normal level 150. He puts me at 60 right now, based on sight. When the lab calls if I'm around 90....monitoring/iron, etc. Anything below 80, I'm a goner. Well, not really...gone to hospital, which is where I just returned from not long ago. I get sick once in ten years - when I do it, I do it right. Annoying more than anything...stuff to do.

5:22 PM  
Blogger Toccata said...

Deb, only you would make a deal to watch the Canucks before getting your ass into the hospital! Girl, do what Kelly says.

Kelly, my brother went through pretty much the same thing but it was during the tainted blood scandal in Saskatchewan and he got a call that he had to go and get an HIV test. Pretty scary time but luckily it was a false alarm.

7:17 PM  
Blogger Whitenoise said...

Geez, Deb, hope the news is good. You haven't been eating properly lately, could that have something to do with it? (I can loan you some stored nutrition, if you like....) ;-)

7:28 PM  
Blogger tkkerouac said...

Phew
You need some super potent iron pills, but warning, they will constipate you.
Do you know where JUNKY is, I made a post for him. Let the homey know if you run into him.
take care of yourself Debs
and eat liver,,ewwww

8:08 PM  
Blogger Deb said...

hi tc...still here, haven't got the word yet so I'm taking things real easy. All is well so far. Damn it, could've afforded to miss this game.

Hey whitenoise - Sounds like it could contribute, but in this case pretty sure it's some medical stuff that went wrong long ago, coming back to bite me in the ass now. I've sort of started a post on it but want to get off the "poor me" thing soon, so haven't posted it.

tracey...hey, got the super iron pills already. Picked them up today and already started. Ew liver is right. Junky's probably trying to turn Bertuzzi's plane around on the runway and steer him here. I'll put the word out for you.

8:23 PM  
Blogger Barbara Bruederlin said...

Yikes! I sure hope you don't need to do any hospital time! I'm sure you can think of a pile of places you would rather go for a little r&r.

Drink more red wine!

8:37 PM  
Blogger junky said...

The "MAN" won't let me give blood, (tattoo's), despite having had Hepatitis shots, (worked in healthcare).
I would if I could, I'm sure when that talentless ass Bertuzzi gets better and cheap shots someone, they can be a donor.

8:54 PM  
Blogger Deb said...

Barb. You've got that right. I guess it's tomorrow...no call tonight (wahoo).

junky...so I'm pretty sure this means you don't want to borrow my 44 jersey? We certainly haven't missed him much here...we've never been better. Oh, and you're being paged by the minx btw.

9:20 PM  
Blogger Deb said...

tc...did i tell you that when i went into labour with Ty I wouldn't go to the hospital until 11 because Knot's Landing was on and I had to watch it first. True story.

9:54 PM  
Blogger Deb said...

you need to post your tatt's junky.

9:56 PM  
Blogger MyDirtyLaundry said...

Ugh. Needles, transfusions, nasty stuff. Hope everything works out for the best. =)

10:43 PM  
Blogger Deb said...

thanks sweetie...I feel like such a wimp next to you. I'll use you for my inspiration here, k?

10:53 PM  
Blogger Women on the Verge said...

Wow... reading your post sounds like the one I did a bit back "about a brush with chaos"...

I hope you feel better soon... I'm sending lots of white light...

E

2:49 PM  
Blogger Women on the Verge said...

Wow... reading your post sounds like the one I did a bit back "about a brush with chaos"...

I hope you feel better soon... I'm sending lots of white light...

E

2:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home