Saturday, April 14, 2007

A quick update (because, as my very supportive friends throughout this ordeal, you deserve to know):

Yesterday morning I was just about to leave for work when Dad called to say things had taken an ugly turn - mom was having seizures and vomiting and it didn't look good. I called the boss, who came over and relieved me after I opened up so I could rush to the hospice. It was worse than I thought and they'd had to use a machine to suction mom's throat to clear it out. She was burning up with fever and obviously in pain and struggling. She's getting morphine every half hour, a suppository for fever every four and she has lines rigged up to both legs to prevent further seizures/stroke. So I've been by her side all day and just came home now to check in on things before I go back for the night. It's very near the end and much harder than I'd imagined...I thought I was prepared. Ha, guess I was wrong. So I'll be in and out, commenting sporadically and probably somewhat flakey...I just feel the need to stay connected to you guys. You're like a lifeline to me so in between the tears I'll be coming here for comfort, plain and simple.

Thanks for listening.

You're all the best (as are my kids/family).

Life's a bitch. Death's even worse.

8 Comments:

Blogger MyDirtyLaundry said...

I think I could speak for everyone here, that we've all got your back. I can't imagine the toll this is taking on your whole family, Deb. Just take it day by day, moment by moment. And remember to breathe. Cry, vent, share, do whatever it takes to get all that emotion out. Sending you all my best to the West Coast. *B8g Hug*

1:19 AM  
Blogger Whitenoise said...

My heart's out to you, Deb. I'll be thinking about you all day- best wishes.

2:26 AM  
Blogger mellowlee said...

I wish I could be there to give you a real big hug Debz! XO

3:32 AM  
Blogger junky said...

breathe, remember it may all seem so hard and terrible, but the release when it comes will be bliss for her.
so go easy and just be there for her.

6:10 AM  
Blogger Gledwood said...

I am sending you a big hug down the broadband line.

6:27 AM  
Blogger Barbara Bruederlin said...

I'm so sorry, Deb. I don't know how anyone can prepare for anything like this. My thoughts are with you, with your family, and most especially with your mother. I wish her peace with all my heart.

8:42 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Thinking of you...

11:22 AM  
Blogger Allison said...

Deb, I'm so sorry, you and yours are in my thoughts and I'm sending you all a collective hug. I can't imagine how you must be feeling. Just be there for her that's all that matters.

11:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home