Thursday, April 12, 2007

Don't Call Yourselves Canucks Fans If Your Bedtime's 9:30

I was pretty tired for work but stuck it out for the team. Which is more than I can say for those lame ass fans who left long before the game ended. And it wasn't just a few...half the building seemed empty near the end. I can't get a ticket because they're sold out, yet these losers get them handed to them by corporations who gobble them up and they don't even stay to see the outcome? C'mon people, these are the playoffs. This is your team. Disgusting, bordering on criminal. There should be a law during playoff hockey that if you hold a ticket you take an oath that your ass will stay in the seat until the W is decided. If Luongo can stand on those skates and make 72 saves, you can surely stay in your seat (and drink 72 beers) and cheer him on for that. Wave your damn towel with pride for chrissake. When Cooke and Burrows were injured and the rest of the guys picked up the slack to get the job done despite being totally "spent", you should've been on your feet, jumping up and down. Where were you? What's so important just before midnight that you have to rush home...you turn into pumpkins? I imagine you're the same fans that jump on and off the bandwagon every year. You probably drink light peach cider and wear penny loafers too, don't you?

I never leave a game until the three stars are announced. That should be mandatory.

Labels: ,

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Deb:

pllllllttttttt

Kelly

10:34 PM  
Blogger Deb said...

kel are you drunk again?

1:24 AM  
Blogger junky said...

if you can get a flight I can get some tickets for sunday here, only $62 usd , something like 2,500 season ticket holders did not get playoff packages so they have extra.

4:10 PM  
Blogger junky said...

ouch 24 seconds in and your down, and now shorthanded...

6:14 PM  
Blogger Deb said...

a day late and a dollar short, that's me. I think I read that somewhere.

We won tonight so it's all good. Seems it takes us a couple of periods to get "warmed up", then we're on fire. That doesn't always work though.

10:43 PM  
Blogger Deb said...

(and too bad...maybe whitenoise could've flown me out. I could easily have crammed myself into the overhead carryon compartment. Next time)

10:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home