Tuesday, April 10, 2007

You're Still Older Than Me


Today is the ex's birthday and Lindsay had planned on baking a cake for him. Only there's one problem, instead of coming after work, as we'd expected, he's now coming early because he's off work sick today (I didn't get that memo, as usual). So, on my only day off, I'm baking the jerk a cake. Does he deserve it?....NO. Will he appreciate it?....probably not. Am I doing it anyway?...yes. He'll also score some of the homemade turkey soup I made this morning because he's sick and I'm a fool. Should I just shoot myself in the foot?

(Are you checking out the big "L" on my forehead. Some people never learn and I'd be one of them)

7 Comments:

Blogger Whitenoise said...

Deb, you are the ultimate sweetheart. The rest of us appreciate you. :-)

5:37 PM  
Blogger Barbara Bruederlin said...

Why not pick up a day-old cake at Safeway?

That soup looks heavenly though!

8:05 PM  
Blogger mellowlee said...

That soup looks delicious! I agree with Barb, get the day old cake at Safeway heee!

8:37 PM  
Blogger Deb said...

whitenoise...sometimes ;) I have my moments where 666 is my middle name. Thank you, I appreciate you guys too.

Barbara...I should've. Linds (and I) worked all morning and he had the audicity to say he "didn't want it". He wasn't feeling well so he left it here and didn't even try a bite. Now I remember why we're ex's. Poor Linds...he's so damn self centered and he should've taken it and secretly thrown it out the window or something. She tried to hide it, but she was really disappointed.

Mel...the soup actually turned out really good...I've had three bowls today!! Day old cake next year for sure. Or maybe they'll have one that's been dropped on the floor, even better.

9:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

you could save that cake for next year and give it to him, I bet he won't even notice it looks the same as this years

10:50 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Hi Deb. I can smell that soup from here. You're a nice person. And rational. And funny describing same. Ha.

How's the weather? We are getting blasted with snow (3-6 inches) and high winds.

9:17 AM  
Blogger Deb said...

busterp...the soup was actually quite tasty. Soup's not my specialty but this was one of my better attempts.

Thanks for the kind words...I try to be a nice person. I do have my moments though.

It's been fairly gorgeous here...a lot of sun. Today it's fighting to come out, but mostly cloudy.

Snow, I forget what that is now (thank God). I feel for you...it's springtime for chrissake.

12:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home