Friday, May 11, 2007


Hi guys! You may notice I won't be around as much as usual...I'm working extra hours. And also, with this gorgeous weather, I'm back to my biking.

Right before I buckled awhile back, I'd gone for a bike ride and was puzzled by how much I'd struggled. I do the same route all the time - it's about 15k and I usually pedal pretty hard throughout so am well conditioned to it. But on the last ride I did before I knew I was sick, I had a really hard time with it. I couldn't understand why I hit the wall and had zero energy...looking back, it now makes sense.

I was a bit apprehensive about doing the route again so yesterday (my first day since being sick) I thought I'd just go halfway, then turn around and come home. But, once I got going, I was so energized by being out in the sun and fresh air that I flew through the whole thing.

Today I set out again and it just feels so good to be back. I've worked out my entire life and it's depressing when I'm told I "can't". So my blogging will probably suffer as I'm focusing on getting my health back in order.

This blogging, however, keeps my mental health in check, so I'll still be around. Just not as much.

9 Comments:

Blogger Whitenoise said...

Glad to hear that you're (almost) back to your old self. :-)

4:30 AM  
Blogger Gledwood said...

You can hit the road & still stay in touch via cybercaffs ...

But that's not what you meant? Was it-??

7:40 AM  
Blogger Gledwood said...

What I meant was, at first reading I thought you were implying you'd hit the road and never come back ...

(What a tempting idea!)

Of course I know you can't do that.

Be happy! That's what counts the most.

7:41 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

sounds excellent...take lots of pics

8:25 AM  
Blogger Allison said...

Sounds like you're taking the right route (pun not intended). I'm getting back into biking to, enjoy the weather and have a great weekend :)

9:09 AM  
Blogger Barbara Bruederlin said...

You were born to ride, Deb, enjoy every minute.

9:31 AM  
Blogger Deb said...

Thanks guys...you're so sweet and patient, all of you.

Wanna marry me?

Oh wait, I tried that before...forget it.

I'll still be around, just not every minute like I have been in the past.

I do have one post I have to squeeze in though.

2:38 PM  
Blogger Barbara Bruederlin said...

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY, DEB! I hope your kids treat you like a queen today.

8:04 AM  
Blogger Deb said...

Thanks Barb...the same goes out to you. I hope your peeps read your sidebar and take you for an amazing meal, actually, all 3 today. So you don't have to think about meals for one day!

8:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home