Saturday, June 02, 2007

Good Day Sunshine.....

Oh oh, here we go again.....
Geez people, don't you know the rules? That's my spot. I'm going to have to erect a sign or something.

At least these people didn't cop an attitude with me. I had Nirvana on (loud) on my headphones and I think I even saw the girl tapping her foot. O.K., you can stay awhile then.

I had a really pleasant day today. First of all I headed down to a fundraiser fair that my cousin was involved in and had asked me to contribute to. I donated prizes to her prize booth and apparently they were a big hit. We started running out of stuff early, so I headed home and grabbed some more.Cousin Sandra and her daughter Chelsea (remember, the anthem singer at the hockey game?).This little boy was just the CUTEST. He arrived right at fair opening and noone knew who he was with. But he spent an hour carefully examing each and every prize on the prize table. He was mesmerized and he was absolutely adorable. (Obviously, I took his pic from the back because it's not cool to publish other people's kids without permission).
Chelsea's so cute. We brought her some of Lindsay's old stuff and she was worried because her Mom suggested putting some out on the prize table. I watched her as she found some tape and taped the box up, then wrote on it so there'd be no mistaking that THIS WAS HERS - KEEP OUT!!Yea! My beautiful hippy child Linds finally arrived....with half an hour to go before closing. That's Linds for ya.The band (aka teachers) was actually pretty decent. When Linds arrived she was impressed that they were playing Jet. Then they played some Hip, for me!

* * * * * * * * * *

The second half of my day (after I dropped Linds off with friends) was spent at my usual spot. As you already saw (above), my rock was taken again. But I didn't sweat it...I wandered off and that lead me to my brother, who was further along on the beach. It took me a minute to figure out for sure that it was him, as his back was facing me.I crept up quietly, just in case it wasn't him. Peter Jackson smokes, the sandals I gave him...yep, it's Dave. A nice surprise - we haven't spent any quality one on one time in awhile. He had a net out and was trying to catch some smelt. Then Dad showed up, out of the blue. It was really cool - the three of us stayed up there together for a few hours and we never get to do that. Dad had his binoculars and we bird watched as David fished got skunked. I treated Dave to Pajo's fish & chips...Dad passed as he'd already eaten. A great night, all in all. ( I think Mom might've been there with us too).

Labels: ,

11 Comments:

Blogger junky said...

Do I have to do everything? Go down to Oregon get a switchblade and take care of your own problem....:)

be careful at the border though.

see I'm starting to feel better back to my old self, you know the one that suggests murder is a viable alternative to life's problems...:)

7:25 AM  
Blogger Barbara Bruederlin said...

Sounds like a pretty glorious (and long) day. And I just realized how jealous I am that you can bump into your family around town. I wish I could do that, instead of having to drive 12 hours.

(And I'm glad someone deserving had your rock)

8:15 AM  
Blogger Allison said...

Sounds like a most excellent day! And very nice with the unexpected family gathering on the beach!

Apparently I can only end sentences with and exclamation point today :)

9:00 AM  
Blogger mellowlee said...

I'm so glad you had a great day Deb! You deserve it :O)

9:13 AM  
Blogger Deb said...

junky...that's what I missed - your sensible advice. So glad you're back in action. (FTR - when the ex took Linds down to Seattle the border guard was a complete jerk, despite the fact that K produced the concert tickets, the letter from me authorizing him to take her (along with her valid ID), etc. He hauled them in for over an hour, freaked Linds out and they were late for the concert.)

Barb - it really was a glorious day. And it is nice having my family so close.


Alllison - that's o.k. with the !!!! I use brackets all over the place (see above) (or right here).

Thanks Mel...I know that you did too. You got chocolates - yea!

9:33 AM  
Blogger Toccata said...

Now, that's the way to spend a Sunday. I clicked on the picture of Linds and saw her making the peace sign. What a character!

9:52 PM  
Blogger Whitenoise said...

Deb, before resorting to the blade, maybe you should just try writing your name on the rock... ;-)

5:11 AM  
Blogger Mike Minzes said...

Sounds like a great day.

Mine weekend is to crazy to write about right now

-0-0-

7:14 AM  
Blogger Gledwood said...

just as the antidrugs poster says

KEEP OFF THE ROCK

what more can i say?

Many thanxx for the birdsong linkss:: do you know I had never knowingly heard a blackbird until just now? Our gardens used to be full of them but their only song I knew was the one when the cat's preying near their little ones CHIPCHIPCHIPCHIPCHIP & on & on they go!!

I pasted your link up for everyone to see. Excellent. !!

G

8:16 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

So that's your rock eh? Ha. Stick up for it. Yea.

Nice pictures. Looks like you had a good time.

2:17 PM  
Blogger Rice said...

Loved this post. That is what life is all about. Family. :)

4:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home