Friday, June 01, 2007

Well, contrary to what I'd envisioned, I'm still here - alive and kicking. Kicking and screaming. Mostly whining and bitching though.

I've been spending my time at work (yuck) and then at Garry Point (yea). The head honcho at BC Lotteries was fired today. About time's what I say. We take a lot of flack for the cheating bastards who rip off unsuspecting customers. Burn 'em at the stake...when you take money from vulnerable people who need it (especially the elderly), you deserve everything that comes your way. Boy, I'm hostile lately, aren't I? I'll try and lighten up. Tomorrow.

Tonight a woman was sitting on my throne rock
when I arrived there, so I scooted over to another one a few feet away, despite wanting to tell her that it was "my spot" and to move. She should've known. Anyhow, I was basking in the sun in a most inferior spot when I noticed her gesturing to me. I took my headphones off to ask what she wanted and she snarkily said, "turn down your headphones". Did I hear her right?....I said "come again" and she repeated, "turn down your headphones - I come up here for quiet". Just like that, no pleases, no smiles...nothing. I sat for a minute to digest her rudeness, and then I replied "are you kidding me?". She said "no, turn it down" and I had two options at that point. Normally, with a civilized, polite human being I'd have willingly turned down my headphones with no problem at all. Probably smiled and started a conversation. But this lady was such a prissy snot that I chose option 2, which was to reply "well I come up here for reasons of my own and if I'm bothering you you can always move". I wanted to add "off my fucking rock" but I didn't. I also could've thrown in a "I've lived here for 45 years and I was up here, listening to my headphones long before you stumbled across this place so I figure I pretty much own it" but, again, I bit my tongue. I put my headphones back on and snickered as she "hmmmfff'd" and stomped off.

What the hell? What's this world coming to? There were a million people up there, flying kites, jogging, laughing, barbecuing and this snotty wench thought we should pipe down because we were ruining her zen moment?! Killjoy. I could tell she was trouble by her polyester baby blue Urkel- waisted shorts that she had her matching blue tank top tucked into. She'd completed the ensemble with her baby blue visor...scared me right there. So much blue. Middle aged gangster, I know it. She was anorexically thin and probably hungry and I fear that if I hadn't stood my ground she might've come over and gnawed on my arm at some point. If I'd had my camera I would've cheered her up by taking/posting her pics but, damn it, the batteries were dead.

Anyhow, this was at 6:00 on a beautiful evening - if you want silence you should probably hit a library instead of a park at sunset. I only wish I'd had my Sex Pistols tape. And Lindsay's little speakers. Don't get me wrong, I'm usually very friendly and considerate, but I don't do snotty and rude...it just kind of kills all the rules for me. When someone's confrontational with me I have the necessary skills for that - I used to watch Jerry Springer for chrissake. I can throw a chair with the best of 'em.

In other news, we got Linds' computer back today and it was a little less than expected (whew). I opened my big mouth when Lance rattled off the breakdown of the bill for me over the phone...something to the extent of "oh, I think you forgot one thing" and he went, "yes I did, I'll add it on there". D'oh. Linds reassured me that I'll get into heaven because of my honesty.

I've been having computer problems of my own lately and when I recently commented on MG's blog one of the admin's over there emailed me afterward and said there's a serious problem. Only he was supposed to get back to me and never did. I have no other problems, except when I go there. Today my computer acted really quirky after trying something there, so I think I'll lay low for awhile. And blame him for my computer crash when it happens. Free cd's/concert tickets for life is what I'm thinking.

So that's my exciting life lately. A whole lot of nothing, but that's the way I like it most days. And yes, all negativity all the time here on Deb's blog. When someone challenges me over my music while sitting on my rock, it turns my world ugly.

I'll leave you with my Friday random shuffle:

Low - Cracker (w/n...you know it's going to be a good weekend when you start off like this, right?)
Return To Innocence - Enigma (again this week?!)
Leave It Alone - Moist
Famous Last Words - My Chemical Romance
In A World Called Catastrophe - MG
Sad Songs & Waltzes - CAKE
Song 2 - Blur
The Only Time - NIN
Release - The Tea Party
Nothingman - My Boyfriends

14 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

you should have offered her an old used toothpick....

11:19 PM  
Blogger Deb said...

ha, love it. Never thought of that. Actually, that's kinda what she looked like.

12:35 AM  
Blogger Whitenoise said...

Good for you, Deb. She was waaaaay out of line. I could see a comment if you were blasting a boombox, but headphones? The woman's on drugs.

4:12 AM  
Blogger junky said...

I'll be back later today with a Saturday, Friday top ten.
The family is just like little thorns they just forced me to do things quicker than I wanted. Thanks a lot for caring though means a lot

6:04 AM  
Blogger Rice said...

OMG- LOVED this post! I love it when weird people make life more interesting. You hqandled it perfectly.

7:37 AM  
Blogger Deb said...

I'm glad you understand w/n. I thought it was pretty ridiculous.

yea junky!! Good to "see" you. :)

rice...glad you enjoyed the post. I thought I handled it well, considering the fact that I wanted to be totally rude back to her.

8:09 AM  
Blogger Barbara Bruederlin said...

I think she had an old used toothpick up her ass! Possibly also some sausage of questionable origin. I think you handled it beautfully, given that you didn't have an electric guitar with you at the time.

Glad Linds has her computer back and I am doing a little incantation involving sacrificial lambs for the health of your computer.

8:40 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

sitting on your bit ...
strangely i was reading a prison memoirs last night called parkhurst tales. we have an island called the isle of wight (about the size of malta - 10x10miles) off the south coast it has 3 prisons on it inc. parkhurst... supposedly the roughest "nick" in the uk
anyway there was this certain tranquil beautiful calm (by sounds of it v unprisonlike) lillypond in centre of medical wing (...ie the psycho wing)
every day one prisoner used to lay at the head end of this pond and look upwards through a view of rushes to the sky
one day, he got there. a new prisoner was splayed out PRECISELY in his spot
psycho prisoner went psychodemented x50,000
picked up flagstone. dropped it on offender's face
psycho's friend joined in with spare rock
...just thought i'd tell you that story as kind of "fantasy retribution tale"

12:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh ps:
don't think they could give this guy any extra years as was already doing life ("means life") ... (& we don't have death penalty here...)*

so they just let him alone

*except for treason. which they keep very quiet about. bc if anyone should do anything against our queen it would not surprise me at all if they did hang the bastard

12:28 PM  
Blogger Allison said...

I hope your computer woes fade soon, how odd that one website would do that? hmm...well, I hope things will start to run smoother soon, and hope your weekend is going well :)

4:57 PM  
Blogger Dan said...

The nerve of that woman! I can send my friend Vinnie down to have a word with her if you'd like. She won't be messing with your rock after that. :)

6:54 PM  
Blogger Eddie said...

next time take eggs and egg her if she says anything, hope all is well, did you get your rock after she left..

7:02 PM  
Blogger Toccata said...

Middle aged gangster! She must have superduper hearing. At least you got your rock back.

8:16 PM  
Blogger Deb said...

Barb...love your thinking. An electric guitar would've come in handy so I guess I'll start packing one with me.

gled...she's lucky I'm a little more together than that guy. Although I kind of felt like doing that.

Allison...the week is actually going great. Beautiful weather, lots of fresh air...can't go wrong!

Dan...I need Vinnie out here, pronto.

eddie...all is well. And I did get my rock after she left...as a matter of fact, I stayed there for hours. Hope everything's good with you...coming to check on your blog soon.

tc...the Bionic Woman or something. Pffft. Scared her off right quick.

11:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home