Saturday, May 26, 2007

I've written then saved 3 or 4 posts over the last fews days and not published them...they're too long & heavy and I just don't feel like posting them right now. I might down the road but, for now, I just feel like "light" and mindless fits the bill (which about sums up my state of mind right now). And "my friends who died" and "my vacations from hell" aren't really nice perky stories that liven the place up, right? So they'll wait. The one about my friends is the third I've written...it's a tough one. One day.

So, in keeping in line with light and mindless, here's my "weekend" random 10:

Rolling Sly Stone...RHCP
And On A Rainy Night...Shawn Mullins
Little By Little...Oasis
Everybody...Stabilo
The Show Must Go On...Queen
Dead Disco...Metric
Alabama Motel Room...Matt Good
Mexico...Incubus
Bad Timing...Blue Rodeo
Lay Lady Lay...Bob Dylan

Oooh, I liked this one...some songs I haven't played in ages. And probably wouldn't have. Sometimes the computer just knows best.

I'm lazy as hell right now...Linds is sick and I'm chillin' with her. We watched "Stranger Than Fiction" this afternoon. Well I think I watched through my eyelids - whatever. I tried.

Just finished my poker tourney and am going to check out other's blogs...much more interesting. Well, happy Saturday to everyone...hope my US friends are enjoying their (long) weekend. Cheers.

Labels:

5 Comments:

Blogger Allison said...

Hope Linds is feeling better now, chillin is what the weekend was made for :)

I think I was the only person who enjoyed Stranger than Fiction.

9:28 AM  
Blogger Deb said...

Linds is pretty darned sick...that'll teach her to go moshing/collecting germs at VFest.

She really enjoyed the movie...I did too until I got so tired that I drifted off!

10:32 AM  
Blogger Whitenoise said...

Lay Lady, Lay is one of my all-time favs. Probably the most romantic song I've ever heard. (but, being a man, what do I know about romance...) ;-)

Have a good weekend, Deb.

11:39 AM  
Blogger Barbara Bruederlin said...

I enjoyed Stranger Than Fiction despite the plot holes, but didn't really buy the character of the girlfriend.

I always get a little embarrassed about Alabama Motel Room because it contains one of my most infamous misheard lyrics. I thought he was singing "Kenneth lies next to me, whispering" instead of "my gun it lies next to me, whispering". D'oh!

1:41 PM  
Blogger Deb said...

w/n....I just learned not long ago that that song was actually written about his dog!! I wish I didn't know that...kind of killed it. But still, a beautiful song and one of my favs too. Hope you're having a good weekend too!

Barb...funny, I questioned the g/f too...to go from hating someone to baking them cookies. Happened kind of fast and without any validation.

2:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home