Thursday, May 17, 2007

blah, blah, blah

A post of utter nothingness because I am uninspired and tired. The kids are laughing at my recent purchase....THIS bag of rice crackers. In order to fully appreciate the size of this package, check out the palm-sized crackers on top. "555" - I think that's how much you'd weigh after consuming the entire pack. I love a little deep fried sugar and salt. In palm oil, of course. I need an intervention here.

So, in music news, Ty bought ANOTHER guitar. That makes six in this house. And two of the three occupants play....just how many guitars does one household need? They're all in the living room, of course, which means everytime I want to move around I have to contend with a guitar. Swearing is necessary at that point. I also just gave Linds a harmonica so when she feels the urge to whine (it's often - she's a 16 year old girl), she can play the blues instead. We do have fun with music here. Mom used to love anything that lit up or was musical and when I was going through some of her stuff I had to stop and smile at a Little Tykes preschool "organ" that she'd bought at a thrift store with the intention of giving away to a child. But she ended up having so much fun with it that she kept it! With the touch of a button you can go from organ to barking dog, frog, duck and monkey. I broke it down pretty good playing along with Cracker's "Teen Angst" the other day. Linds was totally impressed - I may audition for Canadian Idol. Then Ty came home later and, without any prior knowledge of my performance, he did a mean "pill box full of buttons" (percussion) to The White Stripes. He really got down. God we're talented. I suggested that we form a band and it is in agreement - look for The Dysfunctions to hit a town near you. Barb, get researching us.

See how bored I am?

Well the long weekend is fast approaching. Woopty fucking do. Sorry, I don't get excited about long weekends anymore. While they once meant wild drinking camping trips, now they mean one extra day of housework before I go back to work. I do think we'll hit the track for some horseracing though. I'd planned on accompanying Linds to V-Fest as she'd bought a two day pass and had noone to go with. She'd arranged to go with friends but they failed to get tickets. Something about them costing money. But tonight she informed me that she bought a pass for a friend (out of her birthday money) so I don't have to go. I'm a little disappointed...as much as two days worth of elbowing through hordes of wasted teens doesn't really appeal to me, I was almost looking forward to some craziness to break up this monotony. It's at UBC - the last concert I saw there was a nightmare (The Hip). K and his buddy got completely hammered in the university pub before the show and so I ditched them to go solo. I made my way to the front of the stage but the "surge" of people was squishing me and I couldn't breathe. Luckily a very observant bouncer noticed my predicament and nodded and gestured that he'd lift me out. Which he did - and I scooted out in front of the band to safety. Then I had to get home alone in the dark after the show....very scary, as the university grounds have some pretty isolated, forested areas. Although the show was great, the entire vibe for me was one of anxiety and stress. Men....pfffft.

Well that's it for tonight, all the excitement you can handle I'm sure.

What great plans do you have for the weekend?

Labels:

6 Comments:

Blogger Whitenoise said...

I plan on working. Actually, I'm in your town Sunday night and back out Monday morning. (Just a shortie tho, enough time to sleep and change the underwear...)

6:17 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

funny you mention painting...i've run out of excuses not to get started..but there's still time to find a new one

8:08 AM  
Blogger Toccata said...

Good thinking giving Linds a harmonica. 16 year old girls have that whine factor down to a science!

Will you be keeping a close eye on the Memorial Cup that starts tomorrow?

2:14 PM  
Blogger junky said...

at one time I had 88 guitars, consider yourself lucky....

7:21 PM  
Blogger Deb said...

w/n...just in time for the rain we're supposed to get. Could you do something while you're up there to keep it away?

kelly...you paint? I'll give you my address.

tc...I sure will tc...my Giants are in it because we're hosting (I should've had tickets, damn it). We should've won the playoffs too though...so close. I'll actually be right there as the Coliseum is on the same grounds and shares parking with the track.

junky...yea, you're back! Holy Christ, 88! That would be my kids dream...they're guitar crazy. How many now?

10:29 PM  
Blogger Barbara Bruederlin said...

Who was playing at V Fest?

Jerry's away fishing for two nights but will be back tomorrow and Eva and I are just hanging. AFter this there will be three of us just hanging. Think I'll watch my neighbours work.

7:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home