Sunday, May 13, 2007

Today's A Rough One


Dear Mom:

And so this lonely journey begins. The first of many firsts here, this one's tough for me Mom. Make no mistake, every day I miss your laughter and kindness. But today, being Mother's Day, it's amplified and I long for you to still be here.

I want to thank you for being everything a Mother's supposed to be. You loved unconditionally. We could do no wrong in your eyes - you were proud of us even in those times that you probably shouldn't have been. You didn't care, we were your children and you treasured and stood by us. You tried for a large family and lost several of your "babies" in the process. So I know that David and I meant the world to you - we were "special" because we made it. And you always treated us that way.

Your favorite saying was "you can have anything you want" and you meant it. You gave us the world. You carried on that tradition with our children, your grandchildren. Ty will never forget that he was "your boy" and Linds "your little lady". You didn't care about possessions or materal things - your family was the greatest gift as far as you were concerned. But really, you were the gift.

When I was pre-buying cards for you that I liked, I stopped and pondered for a minute. Maybe it was a bad omen to buy cards in advance?....."nah, don't be silly" I thought. Guess I was wrong...these are the cards that you'll never see.


I remember two years ago I entered a Mother's Day contest for you and won. You carried that submission around in your purse and showed everyone that would look at it - you were so proud. But really, it was I who was proud of you. (I will print it later, so the whole world can see it Mom).

I was in awe of you - we were such a good team. Still are, as far as I'm concerned.

I love you Mom and miss you more than words can say. Happy Mother's Day.

Love Deb,
XOXO.

10 Comments:

Blogger Whitenoise said...

Happy Mother's Day, Deb. I know that your Mom is thinking about you and smiling down at you today.

3:44 PM  
Blogger Eddie said...

Well you made me shed tears of joy for the way you feel about your mom, its been 15 years and i still miss mine, thinks

6:00 PM  
Blogger Deb said...

whitenoise...thank you. I think you're right about that.

Eddie...I guess a Mom's someone you never get over. My Mom and I were really tight, I miss her so much.

6:35 PM  
Blogger Barbara Bruederlin said...

I am more and more in awe of how great your mom was, Deb, with each little story that you tell about her. I'm sort of glad that you bought those cards; they will be for her always.

6:52 PM  
Blogger Allison said...

She's definitely smiling down on you Deb, today especially. Happy Mother's Day to you too.

8:12 PM  
Blogger Deb said...

Thank you my dear friends. You make it easier.

9:17 PM  
Blogger Gledwood said...

Our Mothers Day was over a month ago ... it's always a weird time for me ...

Debs I really feel for you. Take care. All I can say is "my thoughts are with you" ...

G
xx

6:23 AM  
Blogger Gledwood said...

PS I will be on Gabbly midnight till 1 am London time. I think that is 4pm-5pm yours ... if that is too late, try 9pm my time (1pm yours? I think?) thanks for the message. I made the box bigger as well. ... see you later maybe!

6:25 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just missed you by a couple of minutes I bet! Got your Gabbly message. If you want to try again I'll be there now. If I'm not on exactly when you try I'll be back v soon & will put my name out so you'll see I'm there ...

OK hope 2cu soon!!

G
xx

8:25 AM  
Blogger Rositta said...

You will miss your Mom for a long time...ciao

12:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home