Thursday, May 17, 2007

Just got back from mattress shopping for Ty - holy batshit they're getting expensive. We shopped around and got a fairly decent deal from Sleep Country...$600. Fuck, can't we just pretend we're camping and buy air mattresses? "C'mon, it'll be fun." No? Damn, when he was six it would've worked.

Anyhow, it had to be done. Looking back, he's had his for 19 years. And I got it from a friend who'd had it for 20 before that. Yep, it was time. When there's no longer a top on a mattress and the springs are exposed and clumps of fill are coming out, I'm afraid it no longer qualifies as a bed. More of a torture device. Linds needs one too, damn it. And her computer's in being fixed. And we need an air conditioner. And.......well, you get the picture. Damn, kids are expensive. Where's a sugar daddy when I need one? Any volunteers?

Forecast is calling for rain...guess that'll ruin the horseracing plan. The ex just left for 10 days away - fishing derby (which is the official name of the big piss up). He forgot to pay support this month so I left a message saying I was sending Gino over with a baseball bat to break his legs. He wasn't amused. Or scared. He's paying later because booze is more important than anything. It's the drinking man's law.

Well another earth shattering post by Deb. Stay tuned tomorrow for "why I was a dumb idiot when my marriage ended". It's a doozie.

G'night all. Sweet dreams. And remember to post about them

9 Comments:

Blogger Toccata said...

My mattress was a hand me down from my parents. It's a disaster but then my sister gave me a sponge thing-a-ma-jig to put on top of it and then a kind of cloth cover and it works great. If you have to replace Lind's mattress anytime soon I would try that. There's probably even a technical name for the sponge thingy. I'll find out for you.

That sucks about the support cheque not coming in on time. Hang in there and just think, it could be worse you could still have him in the house with you which would be like having three kids instead of two! Take care.

11:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

can only post about dreams if they are non-sex related

kids!...where's their sense of adventure....

12:15 AM  
Blogger Deb said...

tc...that's funny- we've already done both, the spongey thing and the mattress cover. That did the job for awhile.

It's a good trade off - having my piece of mind for a late payment each month (he NEVER pays it on time).

kelly...yeah, I guess we'll keep the x-rated dreams out for now...Lind's friends may be reading.

8:25 AM  
Blogger mellowlee said...

Oh ya, those sponge thingies are a life saver. It took me years to get my mattress up off the floor!

11:18 AM  
Blogger Gledwood said...

I never got it why some beds cost over £1000 and others you can get for £100. I'm more than happy with a futon. Soft mattresses are really horrible as well. I'd rather sleep on the floor!!

12:33 PM  
Blogger Gledwood said...

An air conditioner? Debs! What's wrong with a fan??

Sorry - had to ask!

12:34 PM  
Blogger Allison said...

I was too cheap/didn't have enough money to buy a mattress for uni, so I slept on a futon for 4 years.

I don't recommend that. Even with the spongy thing, still not good for the back.

3:33 PM  
Blogger Deb said...

xeoss...heading right over to check things out. And thanks for stopping by.

mel...I just couldn't believe how expensive "beds" in general are. LOL...I looked at the price of the bed and then realized that was without a mattress/boxspring....WTF??

Gled...I can't figure it out either. Ty was the same when we shopped around - all he cared was that the mattress was firm. And we have fans but our condo is three stories and the sun beats on Ty's side for a good part of the day. Unfortunately the heat rises and seems to settle in his room. But we're exploring other options to cool things off first before jumping in for an a/c (which aren't great for the environment).

Al...I've slept on my couch for awhile now...it's awful. Long story.

3:48 PM  
Blogger Barbara Bruederlin said...

I don't get how paying support is optional. Are you allowed to pay later when buying groceries or paying rent or making any of the other numerous payments that you are required to make? Didn't think so.

I hope the new mattress is super comfy though. NOthing like a new mattress - no dead mites in it!

7:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home