Saturday, July 07, 2007

Sons & Dogs Are Cool - Me, Not So Much

It's a gorgeous day here so I just can't justify sitting on my computer for too long...so much to do. So a "quick" hello (well as quick as I can do...you all know me by now).

Yesterday was hectic....Ty and the ex braved the depths of hell (otherwise known as the Future Shop customer service line up) and successfully exchanged the a/c, now dubbed "r2d2" by Fiona.

We did a bunch of stuff around here - the tradeoff for the use of K's truck...I had to "dogsit" Charlie. I'm down with that - took him to the beach for a swim. (Do ya see that?...I swear he's sticking his tongue out at me because he's in the cool water and I'm sweating it out on the beach)

I miss having a dog - ours died a few years ago now and, for me, she was irreplaceable. I know you can never "replace" a pet with another one, but she'd be a particularly hard act to follow. She was a pound puppy that we had for fifteen years - smartest dog I've ever known. When people would ask what breed she was I'd say lab/border collie crossed with human because she was that tuned in. She understood. I've opted to remain dogless because I just don't have time to fully commit to owning another dog - there's no "halfway" with me. So I consider Charlie "my" dog. The best kind of pet to have -he pays for the food/vet bills and cleans up after him and I get to enjoy him. It works for me.

Anyhow, after I'd finished dogsitting, Ty and I headed off to the Lion's game to watch the home opener. A slow start to the game and we traded field goals back and forth until the Lions finally took charge and ran away with it. Ty had to remind me that part of the roof had caved in on BC Place during a wind storm. I'd forgotten all about it until he pointed it out. "Thanks for reminding me...got a helmet?"

Well I've got a carport that needs tackling now...stuff piles up awfully quickly, doesn't it? Wish me luck...Robosquirrel and I have been having a turf war out there and he's not going down easily. The little bugger seems to challenge me when I wave a broom at him. May be time to buy some pepper spray.

Have a good day y'all.

14 Comments:

Blogger junky said...

don't you owe me some aero bars????

10:18 PM  
Blogger Deb said...

Damn straight I do. And I didn't forget either...just having trouble finding the "special ones" to include in the package. No worries, I really meant it. ;)

Hey, are you back now?

11:55 PM  
Blogger Deb said...

(I'm really slow. I like to call it laid back. But it's just slow)

11:56 PM  
Blogger Deb said...

Aero and Kit Kat, right? Any others?

11:57 PM  
Blogger Dan said...

Dogs and cool and Charlie seems like a nice little guy.

So sorry to hear about your pup. It's very hard to lose a beloved pet. When we did a few years ago (our kitty) we decided to open our doors to a completely new cat. Why waste our generosity and empty house, we thought. We never thought we were replacing Gelsie. We thought of it as not wasting any time in giving another cat a lovely home. :)

6:08 AM  
Blogger Barbara Bruederlin said...

Charlie is one cool dog - you really should have jumped in there with him. I'll bet you would have both had a blast.

You are right - you can never replace a pet, but I am really glad we got our Sputnik just a few months after Pook died. It would have been far too quiet in a new city without a pet.

9:56 AM  
Blogger Mike Minzes said...

Have a great week!!

1:01 PM  
Blogger Allison said...

oh yes, i'm for the pepper spray. let me know if it works. they aren't afraid of the broom anymore round here :)

2:11 PM  
Blogger Barbara Bruederlin said...

btw Deb, you've been tagged, because you rock!

6:44 PM  
Blogger Mike Minzes said...

Deb, send me an email at minzesm@comcast.net and I will get you set up with the Experiment II

5:02 AM  
Blogger Paul Champagne said...

As far as pets, a parrot is probably the best one to have ... they live for 50 years or more so you don't have to loose more than one.

5:27 PM  
Blogger tkkerouac said...

Did you want to send a pet you have or the one your sitting for for bloggers pets?
Isn't it an areo bar Junky wants?

7:36 PM  
Blogger tkkerouac said...

Deb, Mr.mostly nice lost 14lbs after you told him he looked like fred flinstone.

7:48 PM  
Blogger Gledwood said...

"crossed with human" :: i like that!

12:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home