Monday, July 02, 2007

My last post was a bit of a rant because I don't like people who act like spoiled brats. But I also don't like being so negative, so here are my cheery pics from the Salmon Fest yesterday. We missed the parade and most of the festivities because we picked up friends and made a few pits stops along the way. But we still had fun.....Our first stop was at Dad's...we're lucky to have parking so close to the event (although his attempt to collect $2.50/hour from us didn't wash with me). Nice try though Dad.Doesn't seem to matter where we go, Linds always knows someone and it ends up being a hugfest. Even in the middle of the street, five miles away from home....Nothin' says Canada Day like a huge can of Canadian beer. This is the pub up the road from Dad's and when I was young it was mandatory for all 19 18 17 16 year olds to go there and whoop it up on Canada Day. It still gets rocking and there's a live band in the parking lot. I haven't gone there for years, but I do still enjoy the outskirts and seeing all the drunks in action. (Bikers love this place).This is the main drag in Steveston...the police close down the streets and people party. If you you went all the way down this street (Moncton) to the end, then up a hill, you'd end up at Garry Point (which is where my rock is).See?...I told ya. Bloody hugfest."Bad boys, bad boys, whatcha gonna do?".......(the donut shop was closed today?)."Dude..........WHERE'S MY CAR??!"They had an art exhibit Al....I thought of you!!Lindsay's friends insisted that they were Power Rangers and that I needed to take their picture. Here's the proof.

And that pretty much wrapped up the day. Although I took many more pictures, this is the gist of it.

12 Comments:

Blogger Barbara Bruederlin said...

That looks like a fun day and what gorgeous weather you had. I can't believe the size of the flowers in your dad's garden! What the heck is he feeding them?

8:26 PM  
Blogger Deb said...

I think he gives them steroids Barb. He must.

We lucked out on the weather...a beautiful mix of sun, cloud and a slight breeze. Just perfect. Hope you had a good Canada Day...coming over to your place now to check on things. :)

8:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Since when did the "Power Rangers" become the "Nazi Rangers"?

I don't thing I ever heard the Red Ranger say "Sieg Heil".

:P

1:17 AM  
Blogger Allison said...

I was kind of thinking the same thing with the Power Ranger picture ;)

Lovely picture, and fantabulous garden!!

4:31 AM  
Blogger aka k said...

Biggles meets the Third Reich?

Yep,those are magnificent lilies.

4:47 AM  
Blogger Deb said...

Ty...lol, you've got a point.

Al...I love his garden. He has people stop and admire it all day long. He's so into it that he unplants/replants his bulbs each year, despite the fact that it kills his back.

aka...those are his "babies", the lilies

9:56 AM  
Blogger Women on the Verge said...

Yum... a salmon fest sounds great! We only have measly apple and strawberry festivals *sigh*

E

4:34 PM  
Blogger Whitenoise said...

cute ;-)

6:01 PM  
Blogger MyDirtyLaundry said...

I love Lindsay's style. I could never pull it off without looking like I'm trying too hard. :(

9:56 PM  
Blogger Deb said...

E...glad you're back? Oh my, apples and strawberries...I'll be right there. (Did have some strawberry/rhubarb pie last night!)

w/n...we're lucky, aren't we? (Enjoy 'em while they're young...they grow up so fast. Luckily for me, mine will still associate with me).

lala...she's going through a phase right now. First it was "hippie child" (headband and such). Now it's a little grunge mixed in. She does manage to pull it off...someone else just commented on that as well. Her personality is so outgoing and she's got such a beautiful smile that it makes anything work. I'm so proud of her (and her friends...great bunch).

10:21 AM  
Blogger Toccata said...

Hey, I made it! Being gouged by your dad, too funny. Smart man your dad.

I can certainly believe people stopping constantly to admire your father`s garden.

Oh, and I agree with Lala about Lindsay`s style. Very cool.

10:55 AM  
Blogger Deb said...

TC YOU'RE HERE!! YEA!!! How'r things in Montreal? Hope you're settling in nicely. I FINALLY answered your email (sorry, you know me...it took prompts from a couple of people before I finally made it there). Just SO busy/on the go. A gorgeous day off here today...gotta run (my bike's calling).

Love & hugs,
Deb.

12:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home