Saturday, June 16, 2007

Music Wars & Bloody Knees Make Me Wanna Shop

We are temporarily interrupting this blog to go live life.

I'm running all over hell's half acre doing a bunch of stuff (again). And arguing with Fred Flintstone over on another blog about Canadian music. As some of you already know ("Scribs"), I can sling mud with the best of 'em. This guy (Fred) knows nothing and considers The Stampeders "Sweet City Woman" the best song ever. Need I say more? I wanted to say "well my friends know EVERYTHING about music. So nanananaNAna" and stick out my tongue. I'm so juvenile like that. But I just stuck to name calling, which I'm pretty good at (I had a messy separation, remember?).

Actually I don't really get off on being rude and nasty to people - I'm not saying that I don't do it, just that I don't feel good about it afterward. I'd rather play nice. But this ass has been rude to people before and has an arrogance about him that really bugs me, so I let him know it. (Barb, he actually said I looked like a Zombie...I laughed and told him that some of my best friends are zombies!)



(Hey Fred....yabba dabba I've got something for you to do. Crawl out of the 70's into 2007 and check out this guy's music. He makes me proud to be a Canadian. Try it, you might like it...and, if not, you can always go back to your Sweet City blow up doll).


Father's day shopping today =

-sandals for Ty
-sandals for Linds
-nightie for Linds
-tank top for me
-a new area rug for me

Happy day Pops...don't we look good?

Going to do a late w/o now because it's the only time I can sneak it in. Don't know how I'll make out, I wiped out today and have a bloody knee that isn't working so well. Wish me luck.

(OH...and talk about karma....the Flames will now be sweating under the rule of Mike Keenan. He's so charming. Ha, good luck with that - been there, done that. Sorry Barb, time to move)

Labels: ,

6 Comments:

Blogger Barbara Bruederlin said...

How did you hurt your knee? I actually had a raw spot on my ankle from the shower stall-cleaning rubber boots and was worried about it impacting my workout and it turned out to be the best workout I'd had in months, so I'm hoping the same is true for you.

But let's back up here - Sweet City Woman? Seriously, that song is a punchline to quite a few jokes around our house. I'm glad you ripped him a new one, even though he tried to butter you up by calling you a zombie. hahaha

I'm very excited about Hospital Music, I've been hearing some great buzz about it! July 31, is that the release date?

And Happy Father's Day to your lovely dad!

8:53 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Interesting shopping for FATHERS day

9:19 AM  
Blogger Deb said...

Barb...I wasn't roller blading or biking - I was WALKING of all things! I have these cute little sandals with a wooden sole and I stepped on a rock and that did it. It's happened three times now so the shoes are gone.

Matt's streaming HM on his site starting June 29...can hardly wait. Those lucky buggers down in Vegas get another of his "intimate" shows...he's invited people over to where he's staying for a pool party/concert!

kelly...you like that? I was on a roll there.

10:44 AM  
Blogger Allison said...

Hey, are you turning into me? Just walking and falling over, that's my signature step. I did it yesterday actually. Luckily it was in my front hall, so no blood.

Gotta stand up for music when you can, well done you I saw. Pfft to him. But I'm behind the times on MG, I didn't know he had a new album coming out, yay! I'm just glad I know all the cool kids and they can fill me in :)

12:00 PM  
Blogger Whitenoise said...

Bon, c'est bon, bon bon, c'est bon bon...

4:37 AM  
Blogger Mike Minzes said...

Great post!!

5:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home