Monday, June 04, 2007

I stumbled across this some time ago after seeing a bit on TV and then following up on the internet to learn more. I think I may've posted it before, but am too lazy to go back into the archives to check. Anyhow, there's been a lot bird talk around the blogosphere lately - some recent stuff on gled's blog and the pictures and discussion on herons, both here and on tc's blog. After hearing gled mention the lyre bird, I thought is was time to revisit this amazing creature. Check it out.....

Labels:

6 Comments:

Blogger tkkerouac said...

amazing!
just went through your blog of photographs, you take great pictures.
kudos to the photographer.

6:05 PM  
Blogger Barbara Bruederlin said...

Oh yes, I remember this. It's kind of heartbreaking to hear him mimic the chainsaws, isn't it?

7:28 PM  
Blogger Allison said...

I don't remember this! That's freaking brilliant though. Made me giggle, thanks :)

8:30 PM  
Blogger mellowlee said...

Poor birdie *sniffle* It was a really cool video though!

9:05 PM  
Blogger Deb said...

thanks tk

Barb...yep, it is heartbreaking and so ironic that he mimics the sound that's endangering him.

w/n...I thought so.

mel...I'm with you on the poor birdie...isn't he the coolest?

9:36 PM  
Blogger Deb said...

Allison...oh my, how'd that happen?

I'll tell you how...I'm dead tired and fell asleep not long ago. Apologies my special one...you get your very own response here. Isn't that bird just the best?....I want one.

9:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home